“Burgers and wings were Great. Service was mediocre.”
Review of Birch & Barley

Birch & Barley
Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Pullman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Arlington, Washington
“Burgers and wings were Great. Service was mediocre.”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Yes, the food is fantastic. The service complaints I believe come from inexperienced wait staff. The typical problem was lack of proper attention to customer needs. Had to ask twice for water and then was never offered a refill. Same with the paid drinks. I asked for a specific side that did not come. My meal was near finished before waitress came back to table.. I went again the next night because food was so good, but not much better service from different waitress. Not sure if I will return...

Spokane, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, friendly service”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I recently moved to Pullman and this was the first restaurant in town that we tried. So glad we did! Welcoming atmosphere and cool decor. Our waitress was one of the friendliest I've ever had, without being overly bothersome. She let us eat but was very attentive. The staff here is great. Fantastic food as well! My boyfriend and I have very different tastes and we both found something we liked, although the menu is not huge. Highly recommend the spinach & artichoke dip, portobella sandwich, and lobster mac & cheese. Prices are not bad for the quality of food and service. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited July 2014
Clarkston, Washington
“Nice people”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our time here. They were training a guy and we were well taken care of. We enjoyed some great drinks and some bite size.

Irvine, California
“Where the locals go”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Aside from being a local hot spot, it's also where all the WSU alumni go for some good grub. The hostess was friendly, sweet and made you feel very welcomed and the server was well versed on the specials of the day and was just as nice as the hostess. This is a good place to have a local feel and mingle with the WSU alumni. The salmon salad was yummy, the chicken and dumplings was a little on the sour side, the Lobster Mac and Cheese was good. Just ask your server what's their favorite dish and order it, they like it for a reason and so would you.

College
“Steak night”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

A new pop up from my university days across the state line in Moscow. Went back to visit some friends, and they suggested steaks. Well I like steak.

And the steak is really good. The drinks are snappy and fresh, the servers generally nice and on top of things, and the cozy...birch.... decor matched the dreary day well. No doubt it is a good place for gameday.

Yes, the doors on the bathrooms are birch too. Details, folks.

• Visited July 2014

Been to Birch & Barley? Share your experiences!