“Best Food in Pullman”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Their atmosphere is great. Service is awesome. It will get busy, but the food is great. I got their chicken, it was very tender and their spices on the chicken were great.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

There were six in our party and every single one of us agreed it was one of the finest meals we've ever had. We tried a wide variety of their offerings: Edemame (soy) bean appetizer, a variety of olives - with some we had never tasted that were incredible, beet and turnip salad, house salad, beef kabob, lamb chops, roasted chicken, pork chop, rib eye steak. The seasonings and side dishes were so unusual and tasty. It was the first time I had tried romanesco and it was delicious! The waitress was charming. Their dessert offerings featured an ice cream made in the creamery at the local College that is truly the best ice cream any of us had tasted. We are a well traveled group with several of us making trips to Europe multiple times per year as well as traveling to big city destinations all over the USA. Saying this is the best restaurant we've been to tops the Tom Colicchio restaurant we went to a few months ago, the Gordon Ramsey restaurant we visited last year, the Wofgang Puck restaurant we went to last year, ... you get the idea. This place is the BEST. Don't miss it.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is truly an excellent restaurant. I just spent 10 months traveling and eating on the East Coast of the USA and in Spain and France and very few of the meals that I had compared with meals I have had at the Black Cypress. They make the best lamb chops and the best roast chicken that I have ever had anywhere. The haloumi sandwich appetizer is delicious and original. I am always torn between putting together a tapas-style meal featuring the haloumi sandwich and other appetizers or having the never-fail amazing lamb chops (by the way, I always throw manners out the window and pick up the bones with my fingers to get every bit of that amazing garlicy/rosemary-y meat). They used to make a stellar special with kale cooked in olive oil and anchovies served under a fried egg. I wish they would bring that back. The servers are always helpful in making wine suggestions.
I always feel like I am in a big city having a world-class meal when I go to the Black Cypress. I always chose the BC for any special occasion. Always. I am going again this week.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were a party of 11 people on a photography tour of the Palouse and dined at Black Cypress on our last evening together. We probably drove the waiter crazy with wanting mostly separate checks (two parties of two and the rest singles) however he managed to cope with that and compensated for the one mix-up by providing a complementary beer and dessert to the diner who had to wait for his order to be redone. Our group mostly chose the excellent pork chop entree although some tried the lamb. Our salads were very good, the meals delicious and the desserts quite fabulous. Don't miss the bread pudding if you dine there.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a comfortable restaurant with terrific decor and menu. I had chicken with sausage stuffing. It was very tasty but slightly too salty. That's probably why it tasted so good! Service was very good also. Others at my table had local nettle pesto pasta which they really enjoyed. A dish you won't find everywhere.

Been to Black Cypress? Share your experiences!