“Amazing treasure in an unexpected place”
Review of Black Cypress

Black Cypress
Ranked #2 of 86 Restaurants in Pullman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is truly an excellent restaurant. I just spent 10 months traveling and eating on the East Coast of the USA and in Spain and France and very few of the meals that I had compared with meals I have had at the Black Cypress. They make the best lamb chops and the best roast chicken that I have ever had anywhere. The haloumi sandwich appetizer is delicious and original. I am always torn between putting together a tapas-style meal featuring the haloumi sandwich and other appetizers or having the never-fail amazing lamb chops (by the way, I always throw manners out the window and pick up the bones with my fingers to get every bit of that amazing garlicy/rosemary-y meat). They used to make a stellar special with kale cooked in olive oil and anchovies served under a fried egg. I wish they would bring that back. The servers are always helpful in making wine suggestions.
I always feel like I am in a big city having a world-class meal when I go to the Black Cypress. I always chose the BC for any special occasion. Always. I am going again this week.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were a party of 11 people on a photography tour of the Palouse and dined at Black Cypress on our last evening together. We probably drove the waiter crazy with wanting mostly separate checks (two parties of two and the rest singles) however he managed to cope with that and compensated for the one mix-up by providing a complementary beer and dessert to the diner who had to wait for his order to be redone. Our group mostly chose the excellent pork chop entree although some tried the lamb. Our salads were very good, the meals delicious and the desserts quite fabulous. Don't miss the bread pudding if you dine there.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a comfortable restaurant with terrific decor and menu. I had chicken with sausage stuffing. It was very tasty but slightly too salty. That's probably why it tasted so good! Service was very good also. Others at my table had local nettle pesto pasta which they really enjoyed. A dish you won't find everywhere.

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Every meal here is amazing, but the last two times we've visited its been to salty.
Well try again and hope they adjust.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Went to the Black Cypress for a business dinner. We worth the drive from Moscow. Terrific menu, excellent food and top notch service. Stop by here for a great dinner in Pullman.

Been to Black Cypress? Share your experiences!