“Grizzley Bears! Oh me oh my!....”

Washington State University
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Pullman
More attraction details
Owner description: This large university is one of the country's leading research institutions.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am almost always amazed at how many locals do not know about the GREAT one of a kind program at WSU with the Grizzly Bears!

I take visitors up to Pullman for the experience as it is always different each time. In fact I am wishing the bears would wake up out of hibernation so I can make my first visit of the year, my mother in law is getting anxious to see them this year and so am I!

The WSU Bear Program is the only facility in the world to house adult grizzlies for research, thus, university, government, and zoo scientists from across the U.S. and other countries have come to study at WSU.

Save the Grizzley's!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went to watch a basketball game at the university. We were in the student section, interesting, enjoyed the atmosphere and the excitement. The only turn off was the FU Huskies chant, not needed, not appropriate but I am not 19-20 years old any more. Great team spirit.

The university grounds are lovely in the spring, great older buildings, grounds well kept and art work all around.

2  Thank DonCreston
Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you are driving through Pullman and want a break the WSU campus is worth the stop. The grounds have numerous pieces of art and there are some nice old buildings. Its biggest downfall is the lack of nice place to eat on campus. Dupus Boomers closed this fall and now there are no nice sit down restaurants. However, you can brave the food court and take your food outside to eat.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We did the fall preview here and I was impressed. Seems like a good college community, lots of information was presented and I feel our daughter will be safe here.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We Cougars are totally biased. We know how great this place is and was. Many of us got a great education at WSU for less money than we would have paid at many other universities. I was there from 1968-74. GO COUGARS !

1  Thank james K