See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 20, 2016

I booked a room through Hotels.com with a Free Cancellation date of 4/19/2016. My MasterCard was charged for one night at the time of booking. No problem. I needed to change my travel plans so I cancelled my reservation on 4/17/2016. I assumed I would have my charge reversed so I waited a month for my credit card billing cycle. No Credit given. I contacted Hotels.com and was told that since American Travel Inn charged my card I would need to contact the Inn directly. No problem. After three attempts to have my charge reversed, American Travel Inn refused to honor their cancellation policy. The person in charge there was not apologetic and would not offer any assistance. She hung up on me. Now I need to contact MasterCard to dispute this charge. I'm very upset. With this type of customer service, they should not be in business. Fair warning.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank kwniimi
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

My parents and I stayed 3 nights at the American Travelers Lodge. I had stayed there once before about 2 years ago and not enjoyed the quality, but this time it was nicer and cleaner. During graduation week the area motels are outrageously expensive and this was no exception so that was difficult to swallow but we needed a place, and that was the only place with vacancies even almost a year in advance! What can you do?

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2016

I stay at this hotel every year. In recent years, if you call to make a reservation, they conveniently are "out" of rooms and redirect you to Expedia or Booking.com to reserve a room. At a substantially higher rate. It used to be a reasonable deal, but with booking services added to the mix, the price vs. quality ratio goes haywire.

Room Tip: They are all eastern or northern facing rooms. The northern facing rooms don't get as much sun streaming in the windows in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank vex10
Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here one night, and found that the place was clean, the bed comfortable, the linens clean, white and a better quality than econo lodge. Yes the soap was small, but the water was hot, the beds were made well, smelled good. We always believe you get what you pay for, and this was a step up from econo lodge and motel 6. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pammorgan23
Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

I have stayed in some crappy place but this is by far the crappiest. Our dog didnt even like it. Would have rather slept in the car. Rooms havent been touched in 40 years. Its basically a slum. If they charged $25 a night then at least the price would match the accommodation.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family