This is an unexpectedly nice place: clean and welcoming. We stayed in Room 307 which had a nice-enough view. It's a suite, but with a few strange design choices:
1) You enter into the living room, walk through a short 8-foot long hall past the bathroom on the right and then into the bedroom. Nothing odd about that. However, the hall has heavy doors on each end presumably so that the bedroom and living room can be separated. The problem with this is that the only ventilation and air-conditioning is in the bedroom. If the bedroom door is closed, there would be no circulation in the bathroom or living room and no natural light either since the bedrooms has the only window.
2) The combo A/C and heater unitis controlled by a thermostat on the wall that is impossible to set correctly. Set it to 67F and it blows air that is too cold. Set it to 68F and the heater comes on making it too warm. There is no setting to enable only the AC or only the heat.
Also, our housekeeper never cleaned our coffee maker or replenished the supplies despite a conversation with the front desk.
On the plus side, the living room has a large counter with storage space, a bar sink, small refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave.
There's a guest laundry room which also houses the ice machine and vending machine. So it gets pretty hot in there. And, even thought there is plenty of empty space for one, there is no shelf or counter in the room to fold clothes.
The staff is friendly and, except for our housekeeper, efficient. The hotel is quiet at night and within a few miles of some nice restaurants. You get a free and adequate breakfast including a pancake machine and a buffet with eggs and meat (in case you're into the whole carnivore thing). They keep the TV on in the breakfast room all the time, but at least it wasn't tuned to Fox "News."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is located in the heart of the Palouse Empire, just minutes to Washington State University, ten minutes to the Pullman/Moscow Regional Airport, and ten minutes to Moscow, Idaho and the University of Idaho. Whether you're traveling on business or fun the hotel features 130 deluxe guest rooms and suites to accommodate all needs. Our spacious 100% non-smoking guest rooms feature complimentary wireless Internet, flat screen televisions, refrigerators and much more. There will be no need to worry about parking while in Pullman, our complimentary shuttle will be ideal for both on and off campus events as well as airport transportation. You will feel right at home at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pullman. Take time to enjoy the Great Room, it's more than a lobby, it's a warm cozy living room where you can enjoy a book or game in the evening by the fireplace, and our tempting breakfast buffet in the morning. We look forward to welcoming you to this wonderful Pullman hotel soon! Featuring complimentary wireless Internet throughout the hotel and 100 percent non-smoking guest rooms. Stay Smart! Attractions near hotel: Washington State University, Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum, Pullman Regional Hospital, Martin Stadium, Schweitzer Engineering, University of Idaho, Kibbie Dome, National Lentil Festival, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pullman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pullman Hotel Pullman
- Holiday Inn Pullman
- Pullman Holiday Inn Express