“Overpriced”

Quality Inn Paradise Creek
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Pullman
Reviewed September 16, 2009

For $93.87 (including tax) I felt we paid to much. It was a Thusday night in the middle of September and nothing big going on in town. Maybe that's the going rate around town, and if so is definitely to much. Pullman is not an upscale destination type place.

The staff at the front desk were great and the breakfast was above average compared to most of the places we've stayed. The breakfast area was clean.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 9, 2008

Stayed for a few nights in April, 2008. Room was large, and included a small fridge, microwave and larger table with chairs. This isn't a new property, but appeared to be well maintained.

Breakfast was pretty complete... hard boiled eggs, fresh make-your-own waffles, bagels, toast, pastries, fruit cocktail, biscuits with gravy, cereal, yogurt, coffee and juices and was served from 6am-10am.

In the evening from 8:30-9:30pm they offer fresh cookies and milk in the lobby. Nice touch.

There was a traveling HS group while we were there - a little noisy at times, though just turned on the fan in the room and that drowned out any noise.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Nearby is a Denny's, Fireside Grill, and a few other eating options. We had a good experience at the Fireside Grill - large place and good quality.

Quality Inn Paradise Creek isn't the newest or nicest in town, though we achieved a good rate and for the price felt it was a good value. We had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank YetAnotherTraveler
Reviewed September 18, 2006

The room was large and spacious. The hotel is quiet. The windows open to get fresh air. That is something I really like as not all hotels allow this as you know. The room smelled like clorine when we first entered but we were able to air it out. It was clean. The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was pretty complete as hotel buffets go. The one main problem is that I left a gift certificate on the table in my room during the first day and it mysteriously disappeared. Dumb me, of course. But, dishonesty within the hotel community seems to me as more of a problem than it was in the early part of my 40 years of travel. In short, I would probably stay here again but it would not be my first choice in town.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PrettyGoodGolfer
Reviewed August 3, 2006

This hotel is an excellent choice for families, those traveling with pets, or visiters to the nearby university. It is next to a paved greenbelt path...great for walking your dog, jogging, or biking. The staff is competent, friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning is good and the cookies in the evening a very nice touch. They have an outdoor pool and lobby with television. There is an excellent restaurant about 5 minutes away: Swilly's. It has wonderful entrees using in season ingredients, delicious salads and a good wine list. The service was excellent. It is by far the best choice in town.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Western View
Reviewed July 22, 2005

We stayed here for one night (June 19) driving from Seattle to the fiddle contest in Weiser, ID. And we would stay again.
Pullman is kind of a quirky town -- doesn't seem large enough for a major university, and sited in 2-3-4 places.
QIPC is located more or less out of town on the SW side. Rooms @ QIPC are large and clean. They have wired internet which come with the room. Buffet breakfast is very complete, and good (no bagels).
Be careful how you buy -- you can pay anything from $57 to $104 depending upon where on the net you buy. I paid the lower via Expedia, of all places!
Sits next to Pete's Bar & Grill, which is where you should eat and drink. They have great food and senior specials.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank DurkHunt_TX
Reviewed April 16, 2005

The Holiday Inn Express in Pullman, WA was booked solid for Mom's Weekend in the neighboring University of Idaho in Moscow, so we ended up at the Quality Inn. I was pleasantly surprised. I asked for a quiet room, and got one, and overall it felt like the entire hotel was relatively quiet. The was pleasantly surprised to find they had given us a suite room, with a sofa and a Jacuzzi. I don't know if many of the rooms in the hotel have a Jacuzzi, or if this was a special occasion, since all the U of I students and their Mom's probably didn't want this room for the weekend :-)

Being a couple that travels on business, let it be said that most stale hotel rooms aren't as romantic as one might hope, but a Jacuzzi certainly adds to the potential for -- and the experience of -- some "quality time" with one's mate. Given that, there's no way I couldn't give this hotel 5 stars, but they earned it in other ways, too: friendly staff, convenient location, clean rooms. The breakfast isn't as exciting as it could be, but just the fact that they offer it is to be appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank biztravel1
Reviewed March 26, 2005

Stayed 2 nights in mid-March 2005 while we were picking up our daughter from WSU. My husband loved the indoor hot tub. My son was disappointed that the pool was outside and therefore not open. The breakfast bar had a great selection including biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, fresh pastries and cereal. The first day we went to breakfast a bit late so the sausage gravy had been strained by previous guests so there wasn't much sausage in it. Being a bit earlier the next day proved that the gravy could be better. A previous guest mentioned cookies at night, but I didn't hear anything about that while we were there. The room was clean and spacious. I would stay here again... though I would also consider the Holiday Inn Express since it has an in-door pool.

• Stayed: March 2005
5  Thank OregonResident
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pullman
Residence Inn Pullman
Best Western Plus University Inn
6 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn Paradise Creek? Share your experiences!