“Okay option for Prosser”

Jeremy's 1896 Public House
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Prosser
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 7, 2014

It is good to have another option in Prosser when you are out wine-tasting. They are open on Mondays. Several other locations are not open on Mondays. The restaurant was clean and neat, but a rather bland atmosphere, which was a disappointment based on the name and old building. The menu offerings were fine - pasta, salad, sandwiches, soup, burgers. The food was fine but not exceptional. Decent beer, wine and cocktails available. Staff was very friendly, but they were very busy and so the service was a bit lacking. The place is fairly new and they still need to get the wrinkles out. I asked for no onions on my salad...it had onions. Our server brought us our salads and raced off without giving us dressing or utensils to eat with. Kept forgetting things we asked for. I think this will improve in time. All in all, I would consider going back if other places were not open, but there are other options in town I prefer when I go there. They do have a nice deck to eat on.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We choose to sit outside because it was a beautiful day out. Food was great. Service sucked. They could not serve us a beer that we wanted, their monthly highlight because they needed to change the keg. We were told they could not change the keg because they were working on their deep fryer. Really... We received our food and ate it with our half full drinks. We finished our food and drinks and waited another 20 minutes before finally going in to pay. The place only had 5 tables of people. There were 2 servers. Yet no one checked on us. We had no water no drinks and no bill.
Recommend the food but will never return as they cannot take care of their patrons. First time in my life I did not leave a tip. Terrible service and they did not care if she was MIA when we brought it up to the manager. 95 degrees and no water. Never again.

5  Thank Frank G
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Jeremy's had just opened a few days before our visit, so we thought we would give them a try and were not disappointed. There were 4 of us each ordering something different. Having just returned from 6 days of wine tasting and many eateries I have to admit I cannot recall exactly what each of us ordered, but I do recall we ALL enjoyed our selections. There were light meal (sandwich) options as well as a couple of Italian dishes. We tried the bruschetta appetizer before our meal which was unique and excellent. They have wonderful beer-on-tap selection and a decent wine list as well as home made root beer and several other choices. It is a family owned and operated restaurant. We had a nice visit with the owner and can tell it is a work in progress. The food selection is currently limited because they would rather maintain the quality of their food than offer a huge selection. They do plan to add items later. We were in the area for several days and noted the place had plenty of patrons each time we passed. You can choose to eat indoors or enjoy a nice patio setting. I cannot say the service was slow, but I would not eat there if I was in a hurry. We will not hesitate to eat at Jeremy's again if we return to Prosser, in fact, will make it a point if we do.