“Interesting and quirkey, some good and some bad wine”
Review of Hinzerling Winery

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hinzerling Winery
Ranked #18 of 29 things to do in Prosser
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We were attending the 25th Annual Catch the Crush in late September 2011! Hinzerling is a very unusual winery. they have a building for people who desire a bed and breakfast experience, which I understand people enjoy very much. But the buildings and winery is very low budget "Mom and Pop" style which can both present a very personal experience and uncomfortable one at the same time.

The wines are very enjoyable, or have spoiled, the tasting area is very run down and quite frankly dirty. In CA I'm not certain the facility would be allowed to operate due to health code violations (primarily cleanliness). But perhaps I'm too harsh.

The curator was very pleasant and generous at times. We enjoyed discussing wine with him, and he also offered vinegar tasting. All in all I appreciated there is still a personal experience to contrast the corporate wine industry and I wish the best to this winery.

1  Thank purefct