“Surprising find”

Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Prosser
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Wine o’clock! A unique spot for civilized wining and dining. Created by the Bunnell Family Cellar, the wine bar features small-lot wines from their three labels. The wine list showcases many different flights for lots of pairing and sharing. Chef develops a new menu of handcrafted dishes every week. Top-notch ingredients, wood-fired oven in a display kitchen, crystal glasses and fresh flowers all equal a cozy, classy dining experience. A Sante!
Juneau, Alaska
“Surprising find”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This was a surprising find in the oddly suburban wine tasting area of vintners village in prosser. The place is small & features an open kitchen and brick pizza stove. My smoked duck salad was a perfect antidote to a day of wine tasting and my husband loved his pizza, which is saying a lot since he is very picky about pizza. The staff was very friendly and efficient, and we were able to buy and bring home a bottle of wine we had tasted and liked!

Visited May 2013

Anacortes, Washington
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stopped at Kestrel Winery in Prosser, WA just as they were closing and a very personable lady who was locking the doors recommended Wine o'Clock for dinner stating that it was a fun place with good food. She was right! An upscale Bistro style restaurant with good food, very friendly, and knowledgable staff. House wines were OK, but we did like that they were offered in a three glass, three ounce pour flight. The menu changes weekly and is developed around local and seasonal availability. I will eat here again when visiting the Prosser area.

1 Thank larkitek
Auburn, WA
“I came prepared to love this restaurant but came away disappointed”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We are ardent followers of Trip Advisor, and fellow travelers had rated this the best restaurant in Prosser. Unfortunately, we did not find it to be so. The restaurant is attractive, very hip and very noisy. We were expecting exceptional food, but none of the dishes we had fell into that category - they were so so. We had goat cheese with mango - it was ok. My husband had a flat bread pizza, also just ok. I eat red meat once every 10 years and decided to spend my meat allowance on the lamb chops - such a disappointment. The best thing about the place is that you can buy the vineyard's wine at the restaurant for the same price that you would pay in the tasting room. We had a nice bottle of Sangiovese. Others seemed to have some great food, but I would not recommend this restaurant based on what we were served.

• Visited May 2013
Wine0ClockWineBar, Owner at Wine o'Clock, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We are very sorry that your recent visit did not live up to your expectations. "So-So" is certainly not what we aspire too! We are glad you enjoyed the wine, but the fare should have been just as good. As the owner, Susan Bunnell, I invite you to contact me peronally anytime - I would greatly appreciate any further feedback that you have. I sincerely hope that the next time your travels bring you to Prosser you will give us an opportunity to improve your impression.
Richland, Washington
“Special Spot in Wine Country”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Amongst a village of wine tasting rooms this is the one spot that is a must stop and enjoy spot during your adventure in wine country. First of all you cannot keep tasting wine with out some food. Wine o clock is the perfect stop for a bite to eat. Your entrance into the bistro is a pathway of kitchen herbs and vegetables that most likely will be on your plate. The food is good, healthy, and can I say local with it growing right outside your window. Or on a fine day you can eat amongst the veggies and herbs with a lovely view of Vintners Village. I just love it when a restaurant cares about all the details. Fresh flowers on the table, linen, fine china, and a lot of love in the preparation and presentation of your food. Try the pear bacon pizza for a starter. They do offer a limited menu, but it is built around fresh, local, and seasonal food. Absolute must is their wine fights. They suggest the perfect pairings with your meal. I have yet to be disappointed in a meal. Mind you the portions are not hefty, but then there is always room for their unique and delicious desserts. It is our date night place for sure!
One tip...call ahead especially on weekends!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank awomanwhois
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review - It is always particularly special to us when we receive such a great comments from someone in "our own backyard".
Seattle, Washington
“Don't Miss Out”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food was outstanding at this lovely bistro. We so enjoyed the atmosphere which was lovely to look at and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. I enjoyed my steak, cooked to perfection and huge. I was able to share many bites with my friends at the table it was so large. The wine offered here is made by the family who owns the restaurant and was delicious. I choose to have the herb ice tea and it was so good. Very refreshing and a nice switch from wine. They offered several fresh fish options. Amazingly fresh and very well prepared. Good value, nice owners, wonderful chef. We will return.

2 Thank 55MBMiller

Been to Wine o'Clock? Share your experiences!