“I came prepared to love this restaurant but came away disappointed”
Review of Wine o'Clock

Wine o'Clock
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Prosser
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Wine o’clock! A unique spot for civilized wining and dining. Created by the Bunnell Family Cellar, the wine bar features small-lot wines from their three labels. The wine list showcases many different flights for lots of pairing and sharing. Chef develops a new menu of handcrafted dishes every week. Top-notch ingredients, wood-fired oven in a display kitchen, crystal glasses and fresh flowers all equal a cozy, classy dining experience. A Sante!
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We are ardent followers of Trip Advisor, and fellow travelers had rated this the best restaurant in Prosser. Unfortunately, we did not find it to be so. The restaurant is attractive, very hip and very noisy. We were expecting exceptional food, but none of the dishes we had fell into that category - they were so so. We had goat cheese with mango - it was ok. My husband had a flat bread pizza, also just ok. I eat red meat once every 10 years and decided to spend my meat allowance on the lamb chops - such a disappointment. The best thing about the place is that you can buy the vineyard's wine at the restaurant for the same price that you would pay in the tasting room. We had a nice bottle of Sangiovese. Others seemed to have some great food, but I would not recommend this restaurant based on what we were served.

Wine0ClockWineBar, Owner at Wine o'Clock, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

We are very sorry that your recent visit did not live up to your expectations. "So-So" is certainly not what we aspire too! We are glad you enjoyed the wine, but the fare should have been just as good. As the owner, Susan Bunnell, I invite you to contact me peronally anytime - I would greatly appreciate any further feedback that you have. I sincerely hope that the next time your travels bring you to Prosser you will give us an opportunity to improve your impression.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Amongst a village of wine tasting rooms this is the one spot that is a must stop and enjoy spot during your adventure in wine country. First of all you cannot keep tasting wine with out some food. Wine o clock is the perfect stop for a bite to eat. Your entrance into the bistro is a pathway of kitchen herbs and vegetables that most likely will be on your plate. The food is good, healthy, and can I say local with it growing right outside your window. Or on a fine day you can eat amongst the veggies and herbs with a lovely view of Vintners Village. I just love it when a restaurant cares about all the details. Fresh flowers on the table, linen, fine china, and a lot of love in the preparation and presentation of your food. Try the pear bacon pizza for a starter. They do offer a limited menu, but it is built around fresh, local, and seasonal food. Absolute must is their wine fights. They suggest the perfect pairings with your meal. I have yet to be disappointed in a meal. Mind you the portions are not hefty, but then there is always room for their unique and delicious desserts. It is our date night place for sure!
One tip...call ahead especially on weekends!

2  Thank awomanwhois

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review - It is always particularly special to us when we receive such a great comments from someone in "our own backyard".

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food was outstanding at this lovely bistro. We so enjoyed the atmosphere which was lovely to look at and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. I enjoyed my steak, cooked to perfection and huge. I was able to share many bites with my friends at the table it was so large. The wine offered here is made by the family who owns the restaurant and was delicious. I choose to have the herb ice tea and it was so good. Very refreshing and a nice switch from wine. They offered several fresh fish options. Amazingly fresh and very well prepared. Good value, nice owners, wonderful chef. We will return.

2  Thank 55MBMiller
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We asked around about where to have dinner in Prosser -- a not very large town, but with many wineries in the vicinity. Most of the wineries suggested Wine o'clock. They had two fixed price menus this weekend - one with a pizza, salad, desseert and two 3 oz. glasses of wine at $29; the other a salmon dinner with cous cous, veggies, a nice salad, dessert and two 3 oz. glasses of wine at $58. We ordered one of each of the meals and shared the items . . .a very good decision. The pizza was a little overcooked (but quickly replaced) and the salmon a little undercooked (but quickly fixed). Service was pleasant and efficient and the atmosphere comfortable. We would definitely choose this restaurant again when in the Prosser area.

2  Thank Foodlover_12203
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I made a reservation for lunch on line and got a quick response back. It was my in-laws 60 wedding anniversary and I wanted to take them and my parents who were in town somewhere a little different . We got there at one and they had a nice table set for the five of us. Our waitress was very good. She got everyone settled and let me know they had a new appetizer on the menu. I had her bring one and everyone loved it. We ordered family style , small plates to share. Every thing was really good. The seared scallops in lemon orzo with peas was amazing ! It made for a very nice anniversary . They are excited to go back.

2  Thank Lilybet56