“sooo gooood”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Poulsbo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was there during the week and it wasn't very busy so the lady was right there asking if she could help. The problem was you pretty much want everything. Their cinnamon bread DELICIOUS and the smiley face cookies are always a hit with the kids.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

everything is great is this wonderful old town, world famous bakery!! it is truly amazing how much bread, doughnuts and pastries come out of that place

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Boy could I put on some weight here.
One of those places you could eat everything you can see.
The only thing is it's not a restaurant. There's not a place to sit. You just go up to the counter and order and leave or eat and buy more. I like the maple bars.

Tripadvisor should make a category for sidewalk vendor or take out, which is more what the bakery is.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I visited Sluys Bakery for breakfast several times while we were on vacation in Washington. Our daughter, who is living in Poulsbo, recommended it to us. It was so hard to decide what to get because everything looked so delicious. I wish we had been able to try more things... I would have loved to try the bread. Everything I had was scrumptious. I do wish there had been a few tables to sit at but I guess there is not enough room. I would have given 5 stars but one of the pastries my husband got was a bit stale which was disappointing. Poulsbo has a darling downtown with a lot of Norwegian ambiance and Sluys bakery is a great fit.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is the home of Poulsbo Bread !

Back in the day, this bakery used to be known as Bauer's Bakery and was owned by Babe Bauer until 1966 when Marion and Loretta Sluys, who recently celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary, bought it. It's believed that Sluys Bakery is now the oldest running business in Poulsbo under the same ownership.

There's a reason why they have been open for over 47 years! These are some seriously good donuts, pastries, pies, breads, cookies and cakes, etc. You don't even have to step inside the store to know. If you are anywhere within sight of the window display case, you can smell the delicious aroma wafting from the front door and be drawn indoors. Don't forget to try their Viking Donut... it's a local favorite.