“BEST BAKED GOODS IN WASHINGTON STATE”

Sluys Poulsbo Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Poulsbo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We visited Labor Day weekend and arrived around 9:00 AM - there were no lines that early. The viking cups (cinnamon roll with airy cream cheese frosting in the middle) were a favorite. Also the bear claws - loaded with date filling! I loved the blue frownie face cookies (took some back to co-workers) and the gingerbread man shaped donut! My grandson went goo-goo over the large donut shaped like the dough boy. The only downside is the coffee sucks. We bought our treats and crossed the street to have lattes and enjoy.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The best bakery is Kitsap County hands down. Maybe the best in Washington State.

I love the Viking Cups which are cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

...but that is the best way to make your final choices once you are called forward. I'm not even supposed to be in the same room as all this stuff but I could not resist. A few small bites told me that I need more willpower....especially in this place. impressive selection of stuff not found within 200 miles of my house.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

First let's set the record straight; The 1st best bread in the world will always be my mothers, however it is interesting to note that during her highschool years in the '40's she worked at Sluys and every day, before and after school for a year she ate a glazed donut!

A landmark in this town filled with character built by immigrants like my grandparents, Sluys opens early and there is often a line outside waiting to get in. When I was there this week, August 2013, sadly for my mom's memorial service, I stopped in early to pick up a package of 'childhood memories', lefse, the Scandinavian delight that only resembles tortillas; made of potato it is best eaten simply with real butter and some sprinkled on sugar, rolled up like a log.

I hope you will visit this amazing little town; on my last visit in 20009, it was clear that it was in the economic doldrums like much of America, and on this trip it was wonderful to have a sense of life returning to this beautiful village on the bay. Sluys is one of its ancoring points that exerts a strong tug on my emotional compass, and while your dietian and cardiologist, and maybe even your carb adverse neurologist would not approve, they produce some of the best comfort food, the kind that we must all partake of on occasion!

1  Thank Lynnclaire D
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The smiley cookies here are wonderful. So are all the donuts, especially the one covered with powdered sugar in filled with whipped cream! Everything is beautiful, high quality, and delicious, plus the prices are great!