“great portions”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Enjoyed a rainy afternoon with attentive and friendly staff, even though we weren't locals. Wonderful food, but what my wife and I loved were that we could order small dishes - meatballs or mac and cheese, instead of huge entree plates so many restaurants serve. Will definitely stop by there again when going to the Seattle ferry.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

On Poulsbo's main waterfront street is a jumble of quaint shops and little eateries, plus the famous Sluy's Bakery.Almost hidden in a jumble of sevearl resaturants toward the south end of the street is the little, charming Mor Mor Bistro and Bar. Four of us sat outside in tthe September sunhine on their little deck and ordered Sunday "Brunch" items, including Fish & Chips where the cod had been soaked in an Alaskan Amber beer batter, a wonderful French Dip on a grilled baguette swith melted Fontina cheese and rosemary au jus, a cup of tick, unflour-y clam chowder, stuffed with clams, seasonal veggies and fried bacon
chunks, and a grat Bistsro Chop Salad with mixed greens, grilled zuccchini, red oinions, olives, sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, crouteons and a zesty vinaigreete dressing.

These were all washed down with a variety of fresh local beers from the inside bar, and we all loved the "liquid bread."

Mor Mor's lunch menu includes the usual burgers, soups and sandwiches, but goes way upscale with such items: as cedar planked Alaskasn Sockeye Salmon; Saffron Lobster Ravioli; Alsatian Tart Flambe, with caramelized onions, goat cheese, creme fraiche and smoked bacon; and a rustic Meditterranean tart - a creation of a thin baked tart shell, with red auce, fontina cheese, sun dried tomatoes, pepperconcinis, kalamata olives, zucchini, red onions and finocchiona salami. Plus -- since this bistro is just across the street from an arm of Puget Sound, they include a fried oysater Caesar salad (when's the last time you tried that?), Dabob BAy Oysters and steamed Hood Canal clams.

After finally rolling out of there, all four of us were saying "Mor, Mor -- we want More"!

2  Thank ThorneBirdGT
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We dropped in to Mor Mor for our anniversary dinner. The service was outstanding and the food was incredible! I had the beef medallions and I can't get over how absolutely fabulous they were! The grain fed beef is a plus and the mashed potatoes I had with it were to die for. We will be visiting again very soon. If you are looking for great service, great ambiance, decent prices, and outstanding food...look no further.

1  Thank mjjpower
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We chose Mor Mor for our date night last night. We each ordered a 22oz local Pelican brew. The Wit was delicious. We had the garlic-parm fries for an app which are delicious. For dinner, I had the chanterelle crostino with a small ceasar. (Being a vegetarian) it was one of the best dishes I have had. Grilled bread topped with wild chanterelles which were sauteed in a flavorful white wine sauce. I am very picky when it comes to mushrooms and these were cooked perfectly. I love how it is served with a steak knife, it's basically an open-faced sandwich. It is one of the more well-though out vegetarian dishes I've had. I am so tired of the same boring vegetarian options. This was fresh, filling and delicious. The ceasar is great too. Bright and lemony but still creamy. My husband had the local burger and was very pleased. One of the best burgers he's had. This place far exceeds the Pub or Doc's on Bainbridge. Yet, whenever we go here, there is no wait and a very relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Mor Mor is definitely not French or Italian. Not sure what some reviewers are talking about. Mor Mor has great Norwegian food. Service is good. Environment is good. This is worth coming back to.