“Fresh and Flavorful!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Maryland
“Fresh and Flavorful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and i had lunch here and had a delightful meal. We sat outside in the alley, and it was a great atmosphere. i ordered an enchilada and it was fresh with wonderful flavors. I'm always hesitant about mexican food as it can be greasy. This wasn't and I could taste all the flavors as they were meant to be! The pico is awesome and the beans had a slight cinnamon/clove in them, which was new for me. I was surprised about how good the food was for a place we stumbled upon!

• Visited July 2013

Bremerton, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The staff is great and very attive, food is really great and we were able to watch food be prepared and cooked

Visited July 2013
near Seattle WA
“Enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

First of all, a disclaimer. I used to be part owner of this restaurant under its previous name, Jose's Flamingo Cafe, and I still have a little emotional attachment to it. That said, I ate there today for the first time in maybe five years. The picadillo enchilada was excellent. The ranchero beans (whole beans, not refried and full of lard) were excellent, though maybe a little sweet and with a touch too much cinnamon. Overall, the food was the best I've ever had there. The Luna family that owns it are wonderful people who will go out of their way to make you happy. I saw a couple of comments that question the cleanliness of the kitchen. If you have any doubts, it's right out in the open where you can watch your food being made.

• Visited June 2013
“Probably the worst place we've ever eaten”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were headed to a different place to eat after checking out the reviews...but the husband saw the tiny "alley" leading to Casa De Luna so we *had* to check it out. I immediately knew when we entered it was a horrible idea. The kitchen is in the front dining area and it looks cluttered as hell. The tables were slanted and everything just looked horrible. Yes, it probably looks authentic...which was the one thing we appreciated about the place. The service was just OK in the beginning. Another server informed us that our food was going to take a long time and asked if we had been told that...we had not. They did rush our food out but we couldn't choke it down. We paid and bolted... we watched them splash V8 onto the sizzling trivet of fajitas and the taco meat was the reddest red we have ever seen...not a normal color for real taco seasoning. Overall...this place was a nightmare of the worst kind.

• Visited June 2013
Everett, Washington
“Don't pass this one by”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you're looking for a quaint, little restaurant along the Poulsbo main drag...you'll never find this place. Tucked between buildings, you can easily miss it. But find it and find it during an off time (we enjoyed an early dinner around 5 pm on a bright Saturday afternoon). Our son recommended it for the chile rellano alone and if you want hearty servings, tasty food and a kind of back alley, Mexican cantina experience...try Casa Luna.
I enjoyed a hearty chicken fajita salad, skipping the eggs. Very fresh, though I would have enjoyed a southwest dressing over salsa (none of the typical salad dressings would have been right on this). My husband had a massive chile rellano, done to perfection and a serving of chile verde, spicy and perfect (he orded the verde entree and asked for a rellano on the side). You can ask for special entree choices, everyone in our party was able to ask for exactly what they wanted, even though much of it was not on the menu. Casa Luna prepares its rice and beans different from the typical Mexican place and it's really good. Our waitress was cordial, all staff made sure we had full water glasses at all times and the bill, well I consider $60 for 4 great and filling meals, pretty typical, even if you're turned off by the low budget decor...
I highly recommend this little gem in Poulsbo.

• Visited May 2013