“Lovely little place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poulsbo
Green Cat Guest House and B&B
Ranked #1 of 7 Poulsbo B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Lovely little place”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My partner and I went here on a whim for a mini-vacation from Seattle because we love weird, tiny little Poulsbo. We debated going to a cheaper hotel, but I'm so, so glad we went to the Green Cat instead. It's secluded in an absolutely gorgeous area, and the house and the property are charming and well-kept. This is the kind of house we want someday.

We were the only ones in the house, which was very nice. I can see how it could be just a bit noisy with other guests, but it's such a homey atmosphere I wouldn't mind. The owner (we only met Ken) was friendly and gracious, and the breakfast was great, too.

The Green Cat is exactly what I wanted from a B&B. I couldn't have asked for more and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Orchard Room, which was right around the corner from the kitchen. Could be noisy wi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The charming atmosphere was only exceeded by the excellent food. I can't wait to go back. My fiancé and I wanted to celebrate our decision to get married and couldn't have chosen a better environment. And it was so close to Seattle and yet seemed a thousand miles from the city.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Davis, California
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Have stayed at the Green Cat several times. Can't think of a place I'd rather stay. It's located on a hillside meadow in the countryside a few miles from Poulsbo. My rooms have always been immaculate and comfortable. Food is great. The owners are a delight as are very familiar with Kitsap County and the Seattle area. What else can I say? It's a great place to stay, whether visiting Seattle or the Olympic Peninsula for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I understand a lot of work goes into running a B&B so I feel bad mentioning anything negative, but I don't get away very often (kids) and wanted to have a great place to stay. Staying here I was a bit disappointed. I read all the reviews and chose the Green Cat because of its large king bed and above average reviews. We stayed two nights, and this is what I experienced: a very friendly cat that does scratch at your door at 6 am; bland egg breakfasts (an overcooked frittata one day and a very veggie omelet the other); burned croissants (so burned I couldn't believe they would be served), and ricotta cheese stuffed french toast that I couldn't slice through with a knife; a fruit bowl with overripe oranges and bananas; hollow walls (neighbors that stayed up until 5 am!); a mini fridge in-suite that had old leftover food; and a quarter mile gravel dirt road with many pot holes to maneuver. On a positive note: Ken is friendly enough; the grounds are picturesque; the location is central for visiting nearby towns; good coffee and orange juice, and a decent serving of fresh cut fruit on Greek yogurt; solid shower pressure; great "soft" water; and a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Explore_around
Kimberly K, Owner at Green Cat Guest House and B&B, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Our job and our joy is to provide comfort, relaxation and great breakfasts! We're so sorry this person was dissatisfied with their stay. We sent them a gift certificate in hopes that their next visit to The Green Cat Guest House lives up to its reputation over the last decade.
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Green Cat was my first bed and breakfast experience in probably over 10 years and it was such a charming, comfortable, friendly stay that I will be sure to incorporate more bed and breakfasts in my family's future accommodations.

We were looking to get outside the city and decided to look for a place near Bainbridge Island with access to Port Townsend. My husband found the Green Cat in Poulsbo. It is a lovely big property in the woods / country. Their grounds are full of fruit trees, elf homes, slugs, organic herbs, an evergreen grove... We met a mama and baby deer while we were there! AND, we had a nice kitty cat spend some time with us in our room (of course the owners asked if we would like the cat and my daughter was all for it). The green cat theme throughout was quirky and fun.

This really was the best of what I expect a bed and breakfast experience to be: quiet, room with a VERY comfortable bed, private lanai and private bathroom, and an excellent breakfast (and I wish I could find out what coffee they served, it was excellent) with friendly conversation with other travelers. The owners of this B & B should be proud, they have a great thing going!

Room Tip: we had a downstairs room, it sounds like the upstairs rooms are preferred but I liked the room we st...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jbrown246
Berkeley, California
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I spent a great, relaxing weekend at the Green Cat, on the Kitsap Peninsula, an easy ferry ride from Seatlle. The Green Cat is out in the country, and sits on several acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, with lots of spaces to lounge around and a welcoming hot tub. The rooms are charmingly decorated, and Ken and Kimberly are terrific hosts, friendly and warm, but not intrusive. The breakfasts are to die for, with plenty of choices for every kind of diet. The friendly breakfast room invites you to meet the other guests, who seem to come from all over the world. Nearby Poulsbo is a lively town, and the Geen Cat is within easy driving distance of Olympic National Park, where we spent one of our days hiking and exploring.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Made a last minute decision to visit Poulsbo from Seattle and found room at the Green Cat. Delighted we found this place and would have stayed longer if we had the time. Hosts were lovely, room was superb, Lavender Room, grounds to walk in idyllic and setting was picture postcard.We had some bread cheese and wine on patio and later in the evening made use of the hot tub, the first time I had been in one outside. Breakfast was eggs and bacon on a warm croissant followed by greek yoghurt with berries, plenty of tea and coffee, tea and coffee also in room if you wished, however we had some in communal lounge and chatted to other guests. If we're ever over from Scotland again will visit once more.

Room Tip: We were in the Lavender Room which was the least expensive and was great so the others must be equal...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Poulsbo Inn
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton

Been to Green Cat Guest House and B&B? Share your experiences!