“No, no, no”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“No, no, no”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was excited to make plans to go to this restaurant, but having been there, would never return. I won’t forget it, in fact telling the story of my visit there will keep me amused for weeks.

If you enjoy being waited on by a man who is impatient, unfriendly, abrupt, and grumpy, this is a place you will like very much indeed. His wife was nice, his opposite, but unfortunately only made a token appearance. I tipped the man well just so that she would not have to endure his grumpiness about that later.

Food comments: Fresh fruit was nicely arranged on the plate, and it was a treat to have a little mango. My friend enjoyed her cup of soup. Fried rosemary potatoes were slightly burned on the outside, but luckily I like them like that. In the interests of weight control, I usually barely touch potatoes; these I polished off to compensate for the rest of the experience. Rosemary ham was tasty, but cut thick and indistinguishable from any old run of the mill ham. Omelets was cooked well, but the smoked salmon inside was soggy. Asparagus looked grey, so either overcooked, not fresh, or both. Sandwich of cheese and ham on sourdough looked tasty, but was made so thick that it could not fit in anyone’s mouth, so it had to be taken apart to be eaten. Spread it around on a little more bread please.

Price: $37 for the previously mentioned food plus a $4.00 pot of tea. We later dropped in at Port Gamble and told the restaurants we “checked out” there that “no, thank you, we had unfortunately already had lunch”. Just think, we could have enjoyed something tasty by the bay for the same price.

About the atmosphere: Don’t bother complimenting him on the attractive “garden” outside. We were informed with a sneer that it was not a garden – it’s a patio, and it might be nice and cool in the summer with all that overgrowth. The interior was very well done, but the atmosphere from the decor could not compensate for that created by the server.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank ibwordy

Franksville, Wisconsin
“Not the usual”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I visited Molly Ward on a Thursday evening for dinner in February, I would recommend reservations. This small restaurant is off the main roads, but not hard to find. Food? Our meals were really perfect, a pasta dish and a crab cake dish were good. We especially liked the salads; greens dressed with blue cheese and extras including some great beets. The menu is limited, but there were selections for meat, fowl, fish, and vegetarian.

Now the unusual. Eclectic décor in a rustic setting. A little off the beaten path. And the service is a little unusual too. All in all, a nice little dining experience that won't quickly slip into the forgotten meals category.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank johnrw52
Captain Cook, Hawaii
“True Aloha feel”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Having come to see Linn & Sam' Mollyward gardens Resturant , great place and food !it is our first choice when back in the northwest ,

• Visited May 2013
Poulsbo, Washington
“Well executed cozy restaurant”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

A nice place for that special occasion. Well prepared food. Kind of a county-esque rustic setting. All the meals are prepared as you order, which is off of a limited but varied menu. If I recall correctly there's 4 or 5 choices on the white-board each evening. Good place for a special occasion dinner. We've been here a few times and never been disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Billings, Montana
“Wonderland..”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My daughter and i have visited Molly Ward's on several occasions. The food is outstanding, but it is the surroundings that make the distinction. Located in an vintage building, someone has decorated in a very unique and beautiful way to create a place of respite. We have always loved wandering in the gardens after our meal. It is a bit off the beaten path, but that, also makes it alluring. You will love the experience.

Visited November 2012