“Elmers”

Ranked #12 of 90 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Suquamish, Washington
“Elmers”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Elmers restaurant in Poulsbo is like all elmers, average food,good service and a fair price for the size of the servings. I think their best meal is breakfast. This is a good standby place to eat, nothing spectacular, but reliable.

• Visited July 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Elmer Seems to be Struggling”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Elmer's is the latest restaurant to occupy the location where Mitzels once served food. After Mitzel's burned down, Taprock Northwest Grill unsuccessfully appeared. Now Elmer's is open and seems to be struggling. The food is good, but not great. Service is awkward and inconsistent. Many times during prime-time meal hours the place is almost vacant. i don't think it's going to make it, which would be too bad. the location is excellent.

Visited July 2014
Bremerton, WA
“Great Breakfast Selection, But Food Is Average”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I went here for breakfast for the first time. Had we not offered to sit at the four seat bar, we would have had to endure a 20-30 minute wait at 10:30 a.m. on a Saturday. Folks who came in as we were leaving were told they'd have an hour wait. For what? As another reviewer stated, “There are so many better places in Poulsbo to eat."

Anyway, while our waitress was very nice and attentive, she spent much of her time talking to friends seated with us at the bar. They have a large selection of items from which to choose. My wife and I both had their Bacon Tillamook Potato Cakes with two eggs and I added a tiny side serving of country gravy for 79 cents. The country gravy was meh!...wouldn't order anything with it as it was pretty tasteless. And the bacon that came with our breakfast was not at all crisp, but chewy and fatty. But the potato pancakes were really quite tasty...grated potatoes fried crisp that were very cheesy with Tillamook cheddar for ten bucks. My decaf coffee was excellent, but I'm still getting used to paying $2.50 for coffee. Atmosphere is zero...a couple of big open rooms. The only reason I'd return is to try their Dutch Baby...a big eggy pancake. They don't call it that, but that's what it is.

• Visited July 2014
Washington
“There are so many better places in Poulsbo to eat”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The food was so-so, there was gum on the bottom of the table (and trust me, once you realize there's gum on the bottom of your table it's all you think about the entire meal!), and the staff was unequipped and annoyed when I asked questions about ordering with my allergy restrictions in mind. Poulsbo has an amazing amount of really great, independently owned restaurants for such a small town - please don't waste your time heading to Elmer's

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank travelerwannabe32
Port Townsend, Washington
“Finally, Elmer's near the upper sound!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have eaten at Elmer's all over the place, but did not have one near us unless we were headed to SeaTac. We are ecstatic. The German pancake is simply the best breakfast on the planet. We look forward to planning our trips so we can eat there as often as possible.

• Visited May 2014