“one of the best Pizza's ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stella's Pizza and Pasta - CLOSED

Stella's Pizza and Pasta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chocowinity, North Carolina
“one of the best Pizza's ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have eaten a lot of pizza on the east and west coast but this was one of the best, the waitress was delightful and gave us some good info for directions and sights to see.

• Visited May 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Italian in the NW!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

A nice, clean restaurant, we came here with a 'two-for-one' coupon. So, we didn't expect too much. But, we had pretty good service. Re-filled our hot and cold tea with consistency. The salad was good and tasty and green. The main dishes (spaghetti and lasagna) were good as well. Portions were reasonable. The only thing that really wasn't so good was the bread. And I could have used another few slices of the bread, but it didn't come (:

• Visited January 2013
Poulsbo, Washington
“so-so food, terrible wait service..."refillable" drinks never get refilled!!! Not worth a stop.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We ate here tonight with our two small children...the italian food was so-so. My wife swore the meat sauce on her spaghetti tasted life Chef-Boyardee. i tasted it and the beef flavor in it was so strong it was like someone mixed beef bouillon into the sauce.

The baked pasta I had, the "Meditterranean Tortellini", billed as having:Cheese tortellini, roasted red bell peppers, black olives, feta, artichoke hearts, roasted chicken breast, pesto, marinara & mozzarella cheese, was mediocre. It was one of the most expensive things on the menu but tasted like a bunch of things pulled out of jars, thrown together in a casserole and baked. The chicken breast must have come from a bag of frozen chicken, all uniformly diced pieces cooked to rubbery perfection.

The salads that came with the meals was just diced romaine with the pizza cheese and the pizza black olives on top. Really no extra effort at all.

The beverages, some helpfully noted as "refillable", are dubious at best. I ordered an iced tea, which was empty by halfway through the meal...and stayed that way when the server disappeared for 15 minutes. It was ridiculous, the other tables in his sections had already been served their food or had just placed orders, there couldn't have been too much for him to do.

I have a pet peeve about servers not keeping "refillable" drinks filled, it's a sign of poorly trained and inattentive waitstaff. He did finally come back, asked me if I wanted more iced tea to which I said "Yes please" then disappeared for another 5 minutes. I finally got up from the table with my empty glass, walked around the corner to the front register to ask for more, and there was my server ringing someone else out for their meal. I don't understand this, since this restaurant had at least 3 servers, 1 or 2 bussers, 1 hostess up front along with a manager and owner sitting in a visible back office. Why is the server also ringing out customers and ignoring tables? That seems like poor management. And don't tell me he was overworked as there were two other servers standing around in the prep area.

Anyway i stood there with my empty glass for another 3-4 minutes watching my server finish ringing out the other customer, he made eye contact with me but said NOTHING. The hostess was standing next to him, doing nothing, he could have asked her to refill my drink. But no, i just stood there till he was ready, he took my glass and refilled it without a word. Later back at our table he came back to ask about boxes, i asked for the check and he still didn't offer a standard "Hey sorry about that wait" most servers give, at least that's polite. I was at least hoping he'd comp my drink for the trouble, that kind of stuff can really salvage a poor experience right?!?! Nope, not at all.

Needless to say,with the wealth of other great restaurants in Poulsbo, I don't know how this place stays open. It's expensive, no atmosphere, so-so food, and mediocre wait service. we won't be back.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank sunking247
Pendleton, OR
“Great lunch place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've had lunch here several times. Great soups (tomato bisque!) great ravioli (try the crab and cream). The chicken parm sandwich is delightful. Service is great too. Get a window seat on a sunny day =)

Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“A Painful Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We recently brought a group of seven to Stella's for dinner. It was Saturday evening, 6pm, and we had a reservation. Upon arrival, they had the reservation, but had not set-up the table. When we were seated the service was slow to negligent. It took forever. The wait person simply ignored us most of the time. The food was average, but the total experience was unsatisfactory. The place was not crowded, and they seemed to have plenty of staff in the restaurant. We would not return.

• Visited September 2012