“Great Food, Lovely Atmosphere”
Review of Sogno di Vino

Sogno di Vino
Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Quality of food is great, atmosphere fun and they have a nice happy hour. Good place to meet friends for a drink or a lovely date dinner.

Rob S, Owner at Sogno di Vino, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Pam, thank you for your review. Just to let you know we have live entertainment Friday and Saturday night and Open Mike every Sunday at 6:30.
Rob and Angela Scott

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We met here for dinner with another couple on a Friday evening. We'd made a last minute reservation and were seated near the door, but that was the only downside. The restaurant has two floors, and has lovely atmosphere; brick arches and a fireplace on the main floor. Everything from service to food was amazing. There were gluten free option available, and a good variety from salads to pizza to steak and seafood dishes. Our bill came to $65 (we did not order wine or dessert), so it's not a place to go on a tight budget. However, if we find ourselves in town again, we will consider dining here.

Rob S, Owner at Sogno di Vino, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

What a great review thank you! We have dinner for two special Sunday through Thursday that has a date night theme. We have happy hour from 4-6 everyday up in the bar dining area. I'm sure you'll find some value menu items that you will enjoy. Please come back and look for those value items. Rob and Angela Scott

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Since my first review a year ago we have been back at least a dozen times and have been favorably impressed with food, service and atmosphere.
We are solid fans of their weeknight special for two at $55. It includes a large salad to share, a bottle of decent wine, choice of several main courses (2), and fresh focaccia. Their Caesar salad is outstanding, our favorite in this area. Portions are generous so we haven't tried desserts.

We are always greeted and served well and always enjoy our meals there. They even remember our favorite table and wine. Pizza from a traditional Italian brick oven is one of the best pizza in the area, and may be one of the main courses on the special dinner for two.
Consistency makes this a dependable destination in downtown Poulsbo. I am puzzled by a few negative reviews as we have been here often and never had anything but good experiences.

4  Thank Malice6

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. As a good customer of ours we feel you deserve that little extra bit of attention for visiting us so often. As for some negative reviews, there isn't a restaurant that pleases everyone every time. We feel it's important to answer every customer. We don't understand why more restaurant owners don't reply to every review. Look forward to seeing you soon. Rob and Angela Scott

Reviewed February 10, 2014

If you thought Poulsbo was just a Scandinavian town, you'd be surprised to know that there is a little bit of Tuscany on Front Street. Sogno Di Vino (Dream of Wine) has a wonderful ambience that truly captures that relaxed Italian café feel.

They have a retail wine shop and wine cellar that offers twenty different wines by the glass. You can also purchase wines from the Pacific Northwest, Italy and California.

I stopped in recently for lunch and ordered the Penne alla Genovese with a cup of Roasted Zucchini Soup. The pasta was made up of chicken, artichokes, sundried tomatoes & pesto in a cream sauce and was very delicious. In addition to the roasted zucchini, the soup contained fennel, pancetta and a roasted red pepper puree. The portions were generous and included sliced French bread with olive oil.

Our server was very congenial and went about serving us with great efficiency and charm. I will definitely be coming back to try out more of their menu items.

1  Thank arl3203

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you and hope you can make it back in the late spring, sit out on the patio, enjoy the fire pit tables and see the Magnolia tree in full bloom.
Thank you again...........Rob and Angela Scott

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went there last night (2/7/14) and it was a terrible experience. We'd made reservations a week ago for 7 people. Got there on time. The place was packed. They sat us up stairs in the outside patio area where they normally seat people in the summer. They had put up canvas walls to help protect from the weather. But it was freezing cold. We all ate with our coats on. Plus, being out of sight, our service suffered. We got our salads at the same time we got our dinner....and they were the wrong salads. Our dinners were dry, like they'd been under a heat lamp for a long time. Never did get any bread with our dinners. So, the setting was lousy, the service was terrible, and the food was just tolerable. It appears that the owner is more concerned about his profit margin than providing good customer service. I've eaten there many times over the past several years, though not for a few month now. Things have really changed. I won't go back.

1  Thank Bruce S
Rob S, Owner at Sogno di Vino, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I left a voice message on Saturday at noon in hopes of communicating. As a business owner our biggest priority is always the customer first and foremost. The customer is the reason we put our heart and souls not to mention all of life savings into our business.

First of all I apologize that we fell short of making you happy and giving you the best experience possible. As I stated in my voice message, we had set your reservation table of 7 guests in our downstairs dining room, unfortunately 20 minutes prior to your arrival we had a family with a young girl of about 8-10 years old in a wheelchair. In order to accommodate the wheelchair we had to change the location for your reservation.

This was an extremely busy weekend for Poulsbo as I'm sure all of the business owners were very grateful for, special winter rendezvous for boaters, father-daughter dance etc. Your table was set up in our private dining room, we use this room year round for rehearsal dinners, holiday parties etc. It is heated and we also have firepit tables for warmth and ambiance. Unfortunately there has been a freakish cold snap and the room was not as cozy as usual and I apologize greatly for this as we want you to be comfortable.

The Sogno staff is made up of some of the best we have ever had and we are quite proud of each and every one of them, because of the overwhelming crowd of this weekend I believe there were incidents of not being able to give the devoted attention that we are known for. I apologize again that we failed to make your experience our usual standard of service, ambiance and great food.

I had offered in my voice message to give you a gift certificate and thanked you for your past loyalty and that I wanted to do whatever I could to make you happy. Hopefully you will be understanding that this was not a "profit/greed" making decision, it was trying to accommodate a wheelchair quite simply, we really do strive to make each and every guest that walks through our door happy, it is the reason we are in this business so I hope you will accept our apology.

Rob and Angela Scott, Owners