“Who needs this?”
Review of Sogno di Vino

Sogno di Vino
Ranked #4 of 90 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Poulsbo, Washington
“Who needs this?”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

What attitude!

Last time we went I ordered a martini with Tanqueray gin no Vermouth. It is my drink of choice and I have been drinking them for many years. They sent one WITH Vermouth and I sent it back. The girl that was bar tending brought it back and asked me if I knew what Tanqueray Gin tasted like!
The guy that they used to have bar tending was excellent, and that was why we started going there in the first place.

On the most recent occasion, I made reservations on Tuesday morning for a specific table for 4 for Friday night. They called before I got home on Thursday and told the wife my reservation had been canceled. I called the next morning and left a message (they weren't open) and asked for an explanation. "Kendra" called and I asked her if she is the manager and she said the manager was not available. I asked why my reservation for the specific table had been canceled and she said there was a party that had reserved the back room but then decided to take over the entire floor and so I could not have the table. I explained that I had called on Tuesday to make sure I got that table and basically I was told their reservations are only "requests". Keep that in mind if you want to make reservations for a special event somewhere.

They do have a couple good waitresses and others not so good so it's sort of a "hit or miss/take your chances" situation.

Considering all this I have decided that I will be making reservations at a restaurant that honors the reservation I make. I suggest you do to unless you're the type of person that is fine with taking what you get or are grateful for anything you can get.

Who wants to pay these prices for abuse?
This is not the only restaurant around

• Visited October 2012
sognodivino, Owner at Sogno di Vino, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
I have had the pleasure of serving this guest many times and recognize his review by indeed "his drink of choice". I am sorry to hear he was not happy with his most recent dining experience.

I do want to explain that yes, we do take reservations and yes we take REQUESTS for specific tables. However, it is also policy that we advise the guest that specific table requests cannot be guaranteed, sometimes people are having such a great time they linger, or in this case we had two wedding rehearsal dinners taking over the entire upstairs.

I apologize if this was not made clear when the person you mentioned called you back to explain that your reservation was not canceled, only that we would not be able to honor your specific request of a table upstairs on this particular evening.

I have explained that we do not use vermouth in any of our martinis, but if you were not happy, and we want you to be happy because we appreciate your loyalty, we do what we need to do. I do want you to be happy, what can I do?

Western USA
“Pizzettas and pizzas and piadines, oh my!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lots of very interesting and yummy offerings on this restaurant's menu! At lunch, our group loved the roasted lamb piadine and the Mediterranean lamb pizza with figs, caponata, mozarella, feta, and almonds! Stir in a nice little wine and craft beer menu, and a charming tree shaded outdoor dining area, and what's not to love?

• Visited September 2012
Independence, Missouri
“The $55 dinner deal is awesome & food is great”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My partner and I ate here on T.A. report and the advise of our B&B hostess. We were offered the $55 dinner deal. We enjoyed a nice cab bottle, two entrees, salad and dessert. Our server was excellent but had to cover too many tables so there were small lapses. On the whole, this is a great find and if in the area again, we will definitely return!

• Visited August 2012
Poulsbo, Washington
“Service is lacking”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Don't know if I was there on an off night or what, but the woman that greeted us at the door was a real snot and continuted to be throughout our visit. The food is good and the atmosphere is cozy. It has a good view of downtown from the patio, which is fun on halloween because they close the main street down for trick or treaters.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank JLo_6713
sognodivino, Owner at Sogno di Vino, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi there,

Wanted to thank you for your input about our restaurant. Always willing to look at ways to improve and grow. Would you please tell me what day and time you visited our restaurant (and maybe just a brief description)?

I'd really appreicate it because no one likes a snotty attitude when they are going out to spend money on a romantic dinner. The information would really help me. My email is amsogno@yahoo.com

Thank you very much!

Angela

Than
Seattle
“Great pizza”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We had the pulled pork pizza. It was outstanding. Sat outside in a great little open-air court facing the street.