“never again” 2 of 5 bubbles

Burrata Bistro
Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Poulsbo, Washington
“never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

very noisy ,there are so many nice places, so why go to a noisy and dark place and pay a high price for for food that you can get anywhere for a lot less,,just down the street it is much better.

• Visited April 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kerteminde50

Silverdale, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian like you think Italian should taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

Without a doubt this is one of the best resturants in Poulsbo Wa. The food is outstanding and a great value for the dollar. Kim and Alfonso are the owner managers and let me just say they know very well what they are doing. Kim has been in the resturant business for many years and opened this small resturant about two years ago. The have had nothing but success from the beginning. Which is what happens when the food is good the service excellent and the cost reasonable.

• Visited March 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Avoid going on a warm day - no air conditioning. Pasta dish terrible. Nice waitress.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

This review is late in coming, but my husband and I went here this past summer. It was in the high 70's outside and we were expecting a nice cool restaurant to escape to but got quite the opposite. The restaurant was dark, hot and stuffy. The owner brought out a little plastic table fan, but it just blew warm air at us. For a restaurant with these prices, it should at least have air conditioning. Food was ok - both my husband and I ordered the cannelloni and was very disappointed. The entire dish was completely runny. I had to use a spoon to eat it and it had no taste. I had to add quite a few dashes of salt. It was if the dish had been in the freezer for a while and was reheated in the oven - hence the over excessive watery dish. I mentioned it to the waitress and she looked at the dish and acknowledged the same. The pate appetizer was very good. So overall, we sat in an extremely hot restaurant with eating a bad, watery pasta dish. Our nice waitress was a nice consolation. I hope the owner puts in an A/C system by next summer.

2 Thank IslandMomNow
Poulsbo, WA
“Try the Paella Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

I've eaten at the Bistro one time and most recently tried the Paella Bar. I highly recommend the latter. We tried 6 different foods and they were all excellent. The chocolate whiskey ice cream was to die for. I can't wait to go back.
The cost of the food is a bit on the pricey side. Plus both the bar and the bistro need to put in air conditioning. It is not satisfactory that on hot days they merely keep the door open allowing the dust from the road and the flies to come on in. Shame on the owners.

1 Thank POULSBO8
Poulsbo, Washington
“I have been 3 times to Burrata Bistro...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

I have been 3 times to Burrata Bistro because I have neighbors who rave about the food, but the praise escapes me.

I found the food to be average at best, and the pricepoint to be high considering both the ala cart menu (no dinner salad or soup or bread) and the small town rent. Might I spend $18 for ala cart pasta at a supper restaurant in downtown Seattle??
Sure! But it almost becomes offensive in a mid-block rental in Poulsbo with no air conditioning.

1 Thank 65Mustang-PoulsboWA