“Close to downtown Pousbo, but so-so rooms”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fortaleza, CE
“Close to downtown Pousbo, but so-so rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We reserved a jacuzzi room, thinking it might be a nicer room overall, but it ended up being a regular room with a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom (there was a shower in the bathroom). My wife was going to use the jacuzzi, but after seeing that it wasn't very clean (including hair in the drain), she decided to just use the shower. I did ask the next morning if the room had any benefits other than the jacuzzi and was told it didn't. I opined that perhaps we should be charged just the rate for a regular room. The rep hesitated and then said they were authorized to offer just a 10% discount in case of problems, and I accepted that (ended up being just $7 more than a regular room).

The hotel, which is a former Holiday Inn Express according to the sign out front, has no elevator. The breakfast was actually rather food, with real, not packaged, eggs used in the scrambled eggs. Parking is plentiful. Poulsbo's historic and touristy downtown is a short drive away. There are a few stores and restaurants near the hotel. Those working the front desk were friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry the king suite with a jetted tub wasn't up to your liking. Also, I do apologize for the strain of hair that was in the jetted tub drain. I have alerted my head housekeeper to make sure the correction is made. But, I'm glad you enjoyed the city of Poulsbo and that you enjoyed our deluxe hot breakfast!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I booked more than fourteen days before my arrival, and therefore the hotel charged me in full right away. I did get a discount for booking early, but I did not realize that you could not cancel and get a refund. The confirmation email I received states you can cancel within fourteen days before arrival. I contacted the hotel fifteen days prior to arrival to cancel and they said I would not receive any refund at all, but that I was more than welcome to cancel my booking. I contacted the manager for a refund and was told flat out that my booking is non-refundable. I understand when you book on Hotwire that you do not get a refund, but to book on an actual hotel's website you should be allowed to get a full refund if you cancel. I am very disappointed in this hotel's policy and I will make sure to be extra careful when reading the terms when I book a room in the future at other hotels. I never did stay there I just ended up eating the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nicolett77
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments but upon making reservation, there was a check box that was marked off that is required for the "Book Early & Save" reservation. It clearly states "14 Day Advance Purchase can not be cancelled and no refunds will be offered. Full pre-payment prior to arrival." Guest did not read the terms and conditions carefully prior to booking. There is a commission fee that my hotel is obligated to pay so unfortunately I cannot issue credit.

Also, its really disheartening to have guest blackmail the hotel as guest insisted on giving bad review on Tripadvisor if I didn't issue a credit. Its unjustice that guests has that leverage and it really hurts the hotel's star rating!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Attended a wedding over the last weekend in June. Although the wedding discount rate was a bit higher than what I wanted to pay, I chose to stay at the GuestHousee Intl. Hotel because I have stayed at other GuestHouse hotel franchises in Oregon and Washington. I must say it was worth the rate because I found out to be the best GuestHouse Hotel I've stayed so far!

Great modern decorated room with fridge and microwave was very convenient. Enjoyed their free hot breakfast including bacon, eggs, biscuits n gravy, and the delicious cinnamon rolls. The only drawback is no elevator but I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Its kind words like yours that strives us to be better everyday!
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I did extensive hotel research while searching for my family's 1 week trip to Kitsap peninsula after my kids were out of school.

I came across the GuestHouse Hotel in Poulsbo bc it was centrally loacted to our whale watch, visit to Hurricane Ridge, and even a Seattle trip was just a 30 minute ferry ride away.

But, I chose this hotel because of all the great reviews I read about the property and the fact that this hotel has won numerous awards such as the top hotel, top G.M. Of the entire franchise, and the Tripadvisor Excellence award.

My family's 1 week stay confirmed all of their accomplishments as the hotel was superb in all aspects of my family's lodging experience!

1 Thank gallabill13
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! Glad to hear your family was able to enjoy the week in Kitsap Peninsula.
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Very clean rooms, and I am one of the most squeamish people on the planet. The front desk clerk was very courteous, and the beds were very comfortable and clean. Probably one of the most comfortable stays at a hotel I've ever had.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your comments, glad to hear you had a comfortable stay and your room was clean to your liking. Its kind words like yours that strives us to be better every day!
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were in town for a wedding & all hotels were sold out due to car show, motorcycle show & pin up girl contest at the casino. Luckily I booked far in advance. We arrived early & were able to check in. It was nice to get everything all set before we left for the wedding. The decor was ok. i like the blankets in sheet duvets so that was nice. The hotel was at capacity but was surprisingly quiet. I only heard a door slam once. The hotel is somewhat maze like. Luckily they have the little directional signs to find your way. Poor lighting for makeup application. There was a fridge & microwave in room. We ended up in a room with 2 double beds. There is room for queens so I truly hope hotels start upgrading to the larger beds. Doubles are so small that we slept in our own beds that night.
I am a coffee lover so I always have an opinion on the coffee. I didn't try the in room coffee but the coffee in the dining room was decent. Breakfast was ok. There was the usual selection of breads & yogurt, cereal etc. The eggs were watery but ok, the bacon was good. Apparently this was once a holiday inn & they still serve the cinnamon rolls so that was nice.
Due to the events at the casino there was a free shuttle running so it was nice to go out & enjoy some music without worrying about driving.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Poulsbo and the casino!
Potland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My entire stay was exceptional from service, to room cleanliness, to maintenance. Had some issue locating the hotel on my arrival day and called the front desk and he guided me efficiently to the hotel. On my 1 week stay, housekeeping staff left me notes that they had changed the sheets, writing to me hoping my stay was excellent, etc. That is a personal touch I never had in my hotel travels! Called for a maintenance to fix a slow sink drain and he was very prompt and professional.

Everyone did an excellent job on their duties so no wonder this hotel has an award for best hotel in their franshise group...

• Stayed June 2013
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Glad to hear you had a great stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Poulsbo Inn
Poulsbo Inn
#2 of 2 in Poulsbo
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Island Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo? Share your experiences!