“Vince Neil and Motley Crue!”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 4, 2012

5 star hotel in service!!! Exceptional service by all staff as they all greeted my family with a big smile and a hello! Also, Vince Neil of THE Motley Crue was staying at the hotel and my wife and I were conversing with him and his crew. They were very nice and it was very very awesome feeling to stay at the same hotel as them! Hotel's cleanliness was spotless and newly renovated room my family had with a flat screen TV and a fridge and a microwave was very convenient! Their hot breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, etc. awesome start for the day! Excellent value!!!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Clean; quiet; and comfortable - could not ask for more. Look at the pix. Also, the WiFi is fast as advertised - see the speed tes results! I would gladly stay here again, and recommend it to anyone. It is very nicely furnished and fresh.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank slycow42
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stay there one night. Great service, Great people, Great breakfast, Great room (very clean) ..... just' everything is great... the manager was great, very funny guy and his baby is so adorable. I will stay here again next time when i am in town. my only suggestion is there should be a late check out at 1 or 2 pm.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank paul l
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great service, delicious breakfast, comfortable bed. We came here for a relaxing weekend and we got just that. The hotel was quiet and the king-sized bed was comfortable. Cleanliness is extremely important to me and this hotel met all of my expectations. The shower was perfect and the cleaning staff was very helpful when we needed more towels and toiletries. They also helped us to find fun spots in the area to check out. Next time I'm in town, I will be staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EKR333
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I will not stay at this motel again. I arranged for late checkout with the hotel staff but when I checked out the same staff I arranged the late checkout with charged me an extra 1/2 day. Apparently the GuestHouse in Poulsbo will let you have a late checkout but is dishonest about the charges. This is the first motel I have ever stayed at that intentionally made invalid charges to my credit card and has refused to correct the problem (and I travel frequently). Given the situation it is even more unbelievable, a Sunday checkout with an empty motel and a minimal late checkout.

The dishonest charges make this motel one I will not consider again. Otherwise I found the motel average. It was clean but fairly expensive. Also, avoid the jetted tub rooms. The tub is strangely installed right next to the bed without any separation.

Room Tip: Jetted tub rooms are strange
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WAhiker
MicahKim, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I especially appreciate any concerns or issues that guests experience at our hotel, so that I can better strive for excellent experience provided to all of our guests. After further research, late checkout of 1pm was agreed upon but guests came back after 1:15pm to take a shower and pack things up to checkout after running the Poulsbo marathon. Being the host hotel for the marathon, we had many guests who had late1pm checkouts but only the reviewer's room did not honor the agreement of 1pm checkout. Also, there was no other communication from the guests that they were running behind. I'm sorry guests had a bad experience due to the1/2 day charge but our hotel had over 90% of the total rooms checkout on that day with over 70% of the total rooms checking in with new arrivals, so the housekeeping staff did in fact had to get into all checkout rooms fast and couldn't wait around for guests who checked out later than agreed upon checkout time.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I travel throughout the US a lot for work and I recently stayed at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo. It was above my expectations, the Continental Breakfast was great, the service was exceptional and even the Jacuzzi area was nice and cozy. That's why I give the Pool section 5 stars. At the end of the day I just want to relax and be able to enjoy my trip and not have to worry about how clean the rooms are or argue with the staff about certain things here and there. Makes a stressful day less stressful with one less thing to worry about. Thank you again and I will definitely be staying here more often!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mike C
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I came to Poulsbo for the marathon and chose this hotel because it was the "host hotel". The only problem was that as I drove into town my GPS (Garmin) didn't list the GuestHouse Inn and I hadn't written down the address. Then when I stopped at a pizza place to ask the drivers, they hadn't heard of it either.

A quick check via Google showed that the hotel is a re-branded Holiday Inn Express and Garmin apparently hasn't caught up!

Once there I entered the large, open lobby with fireplace and nice sofas and was welcomed with fresh cookies as I checked in. My room was a king-sized bed and it was large, clean with nice linen and toiletries, and comfortable. It also had a refrigerator and microwave.

Breakfast came with the room and it was a real breakfast with eggs, sausage, pastries, cereal, etc., that was constantly refreshed and cleaned. On race day the front desk extended me a late checkout so I could grab a shower after the race.

So if you are visiting Poulsbo I recommend this hotel and just remember to look for HI Express if your GPS doesn't show GuestHouse Inn.

Room Tip: My room was on the backside, upstairs, and very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Powel C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Poulsbo Inn
Poulsbo Inn
#2 of 2 in Poulsbo
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Island Country Inn
Island Country Inn
#3 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo? Share your experiences!