“Great Rooms, Amazing Customer Service”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I had the pleasure of spending a weekend here with my girlfriend, and we were impressed by the excellent customer service. The rooms were nice and clean, and bed was pretty comfortable. The girl at the front desk was extremely friendly, and made the check-in process quick and easy. This hotel is great value for the amount you're paying. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Samuel H

Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years, primarily when it was a Holiday Inn Express....In each of these experiences, the hotel would have rated pretty well, with clean rooms, excellent space for parking and walking dogs, etc.....all for a reasonable price. (Not the Ritz, but, a good, place to stay for the money). THIS time was much different, so whether it was an anomoly, or whether the place is deteriorating under the relatively new GUEST house chain ownership remains to be seen.

At any rate, I reserved the room and indicated I wanted a pet room on the ground floor, near the back door......No problems there......When we walked into the room, I noted a horrible smell somewhere between a stopped up sewer drain and a moldy/musty basement.....I called the front desk to tell the woman and asked her if she had any idea what the smell was and if they could do something....She was very nice, but came with a can of Febreze, saying that YES< the room really smelled and that perhaps the carpets had been cleaned and were wet too long without drying....She said there were no more rooms available, but we agreed that opening the window would help.....

Suffice to say, when I got into bed, I noticed the REAL problem.....The ceiling had been patched (over bulges) and repainted in several spots and the wall paper was bulging away from the walls in the corner....WATER DAMAGE/LEAKING and that stench was undoubtedly Mold/fungus growing in the walls/ceiling. As the night wore on, the smell seemed to get worse....It was quite honestly, the worst room I've stayed in in some time....When I told them at the front desk that it had been a bad night due to the mildewy stink, and that they needed to have the room inspected and perhaps do a mold abatement program, he just stared at me and said he'd tell the manager...It was clear he already knew there was a problem and blew me off....Since an actual mold problem poses a health hazard, I reported it to the county health Department and they indicated they would inspect the room ASAP. Both of us in that room had itchy eyes and felt congested all day today.....

The Room number was 137.....Avoid it at all costs and if there are similar problems in adjacent rooms, report it......I will not be staying at this facility again......Too bad, as it used to be a nice spot.....

Room Tip: Avoid those rooms near the front North corner of the hotel..(137 and 136 area)..There is clearly a m...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank rjdtba
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Hello, thank you for the feedback, we appreciate any review of the hotel, whether its good or bad. The hotel has certain pet rooms assigned as there are guests who are allergic to pets. #137 is one of our few pet rooms which gets used the most since it's nearby an entrance/exit door. Over time, the carpet has worn out from all the pets being in the room and caused some odor. Since the review, we have replaced the carpet/pad in all pet rooms and no longer has any odor from them. There is no sign of mold/mildew in any of the rooms and we take quick appropriate actions with any evidence of it. I'm sorry for the bad stay and we assure you that we don't lack any service/quality due to a franchise change. In fact, we have done numerous recent upgrades including, fresh carpet in all common areas plus several of the guest rooms, marble tiles, flat screen TV's, pillowtop mattresses, etc. Please refer to our photo gallery on our website, thank you!

Reviewed September 17, 2011

We arrived without a reservation on a Saturday about 4pm. We were a bit exasperated due to a botched reservation at the other Poulsbo motel. The front desk clerk here was sweet, kind, friendly and very helpful with directions, information, and recommendations. She only had King Suites left which worked great for us. The bed was extremely comfortable, beautiful and the room was very clean. It had a jacuzzi tub next to the bed which didn't appeal to us, but the space, fridge and micro, and bathroom were very clean. I felt the workers work hard here to provide you with a nice stay. The included breakfast was a nice spread with hot and cold choices. We defintely were able to fill ourselves on tasty omletes, sausage, muffins, fresh fruit and so forth. Aside from the bed which was extremely comfortable and fresh, the room is dated but again well kept. The walls were also a bit thin as we could somewhat hear the neighbors deep snores, but still I slept quite well and comfortably.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank grasslandgirlcuervo
Reviewed November 25, 2010

The power went out at 6:45p.m. (not the hotels fault) and stayed off for the entire night, and part of the next day. We had no heat, no hot water, no electricity, and it was way below freezing. In the morning, after shivering all night, we discovered ice on the window sill, inside the room. (That is how cold it was inside!). The hotel charged us the whole rate anyway. We had no way to take a shower, and had to gather up our things in the dark. Later they called and offered us 25% off the $100 dollar rate. Would you stay in a hotel with no hot water/showers/electricity or heat for $75.00? Didn't think so. I will NEVER stay in a Holiday Inn Express or otherwise again. This was the poorest customer service I've ever had at any hotel. Oh yeah, we didn't get the promised breakfast either!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Hello, thank you for your comments about the hotel. I'm sorry you had to endure the cold night as the hotel lost power as we do not have a backup generator. Even without power, all guests decided to stay at the hotel rather than driving in the tretrous road conditions. With the road being extremely dangerous, the hotel had 2 fireplaces and food to serve all guests. The hotel has given credit to all guests who stayed at the hotel. Please call the hotel and ask to speak to the G.M. if you have not gotten a credit, thank you.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

We were in the Poulsbo area for a wedding and chose this hotel because it was the only one with rooms available. We paid $148 for a room with one double bed. Unfortunately, the bed was so soft, we spent the whole night trying to stay out of the sunken middle. In addition, the upholstered chair needed a good cleaning and the bathroom had what appeared to be mildew between the tiles. The breakfast was adequate but not on par with other hotels in that price range. When I shared these thoughts with front desk staff, and asked them how they could charge such a price, they told me that "people were willing to pay it" as evidenced by the fact that they were frequently full. I suggest you look elsewhere before spending your hard earned dollars on this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed there for a week and their service was the best we ever encountered at any hotel! They gave us a goodie bag upon checkin and gave us gift certificates to local restaurants, gift card to theatre, pizza coupons, etc. They realy know how to take care of guests! They knew our names by the 2nd day and everything from top to bottom was great there! Keep up the great service!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Used my Priority Points for just one night here. Check-in staff were very welcoming and efficient. Room was spacious, with whirl pool bath next to the bed! We arrived quite late, and Reception arranged for a courtesy bus to the nearby Clearwater Casino where we spent a very profitable few hours. Breakfast the next morning was a good buffet selection in a good-sized breakfast room. View from the room wasn't amazing but I've had worse and we did see a coyote or something strolling along under the trees. There was a PC in the foyer with free internet access for guests. Poulsbo town centre was worth a look the next day...

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Poulsbo Inn
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo? Share your experiences!