“Spacious bar and restaurant area”
Review of Public House Grill & Ales - CLOSED

Public House Grill & Ales
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Spacious bar and restaurant area”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The bar is well-stocked; menu is somewhat limited, but food quite good. This is a comfortable local place, great for lunch, a drink, or a casual dinner.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank M0therP

“Nice building good service so so food”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Came here for dinner during the blues festival. Every seat was full. The service was excellent given the circumstances. Fish and chips were acceptable. Not great not bad. There are better choices in PT.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sloooow service ”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Sevice was very slow. 20 minutes wait fo r hummus, wine and beer. Waved at 4 or 5 waitresses who ignored us. Finally to get attention, I whistled loudly. The bartender said that she didn't appreciate the whistle and I said it was the only way to get attention.

1 Thank Linda T
Anacortes, Washington
“Nice historic building, but that's about it.”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We made it to Port Townsend between lunch and dinner, so it was quiet, just a few tables taken. There were three waitstaff seen. We waited about three minutes before being acknowledged and were seated by the window.
When a family comes in and one is obviously a child, one would think to ask or just get a child's menu, if the regular menu does not offer it on there. We looked at our menu, figured out what we wanted, didn't see anything for our 9 year old and waited. And waited. Our menus were closed and off to the side and we waited a few minutes more. A server from the bar area comes out and says just this, "Well, I can see you have been seating here a while, you want to order or start with appetizers?" No hi, no apologies, no smile. I asked if they had a kids menu, she turned around to get it, stood there. We ordered our drinks and food, I tried to be polite as possible. Away she went. Drinks came out, and the food shortly there after. My grilled chicken sandwich was great, but my older daughters classic burger was not. My youngest didn't like her cheese noodles, but to my husband and me, they were good! Made with real cheese. Did the server come back and check if everything was okay? No. Did it take forever to get our check and close everything out? Yes.
Bottom line, service was not good, food was hit and miss, but the historic building is cool.
Will we eat here again, most likely not.

Puyallup, Washington
“Great halibut and chips”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had a great lunch. The staff was getting ready for a jazz event in the evening but still on top of things in the afternoon. My husband had the halibut and chips with slaw (which tastes like a asian chicken salad but with no chicken). The fish was the best we've had in a long time very fresh, sweet, batter was perfect. The fries were hot. I had the poor boy sandwich which has oysters on a hoagie with tarter sauce. I put the tomato and lettuce garnish on it. I didn't get the hot sauce on it but put the lemon spritz and vinegar on it. This was all so very tasty. It was a large sandwich. The decor is typical pub but very clean and has great tablecloths etc. It's right on main street so it's easy to get to.

Visited July 2014