“Nice ambiance, a little pricey, but tasty”
Review of Public House Grill & Ales - CLOSED

Public House Grill & Ales
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Marysville, CA
“Nice ambiance, a little pricey, but tasty”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We rolled into town late on December 21 and went downtown looking for someplace open. It turns out we had 5 minutes to spare before they stopped serving dinner (9 p.m.)

My wife ordered the chicken, garlic and tomato sandwich (I just had the second half today), my grandson had the two piece fish and chips with coleslaw (I also got the cole slaw because he didn't want it) and I had a local seafood soup called fruits du mer with a chunk of baguette that was sliced mostly through. Hmmm... I just Googled it and came up with something different, yet the same. It is normally served iced, not hot with cheese melted on top. It definitely seemed of French origins with the shellfish and white wine based sauce. This is not a dish I normally gravitate towards, but it was delicious. Another reviewer hit the description well on the cole slaw. It was also in a league of its own with an oriental flavor.

My wife had a glass of wine, I had a local amber and my grandson had a Coke. Our bill was $62. I would go back but there are several other places to try first.

• Visited December 2012

Bremerton, Washington
“Great fish and chips”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Easy to find, on the main street. The locals love this place and I can see why. It is like so much in Pt Townsend, the place has character. I had the fish and chips the first time I went there and they were so good I had them the next time I went there. There is a wide variety of choices on the menu - I just happen to like fish and chips I guess. This is worth trying.

Visited December 2012
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
“Bad experience”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stopped by for after work drinks and appetizers. Most were ok but the steamed shell fish had something "off" in it. To their credit they didn't charge us for it. This dish is also advertised as coming with melted butter but it wasnt butter but some variety of oil.

Port Angeles, Washington
“Dinner the day after Thanksgiving”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I had the fish and chips which were very good. Her wine was good and my microbrew beer was outstanding. Our waitress was friendly and efficient.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank 259Jimdandy259
tangent oregon
“Very informative on there drinks”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We had mixed drinks they were so good
they treated excellently
would definitly go there again
nice people and helpful