“Best Fish/Chips in Town!”
Review of Public House Grill & Ales - CLOSED

Public House Grill & Ales
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
PT
“Best Fish/Chips in Town!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Nice place, they serve all sorts of food and beverages. But I have been back many times for their fish and chips. Good size serving and very tasty! The folks who work there are fun too!

Visited December 2011

Port Townsend, Washington
“Slow service”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Don't go here if youj're in a hurry. It just plaln takes forever.

Seattle
“Okay”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Not consistent. Sometimes very good food and service..... sometimes very bad. I won't take the chance of bringing friends and relatives here since it could be one of their "bad" days !

Richmond, Canada
“Really Good Fish and Chips”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Just back from another trip to PT and this time we went to the Public House to celebrate a friend's birthday. The service was good but a bit slow. To be fair though, the restaurant was very busy and although they said we would have a 20 minute to get a table, we only had to wait 15 minutes.

I had heard that their fish and chips was quite good so I decided to order a 2-piece dinner. It was really tasty! Not greasy at all and the pieces of halibut were firm with just enough batter. I'd definitely go back for the fish and chips! My friends both ordered the rib-eye dinner special and were equally happy with their meals. I've had their rib-eye off the menu before and also found it excellent. I wish I'd had enough space for dessert but I will have to leave that for another time :)

• Visited December 2011
WHITE MTS NEW HAMPSHIRE
“Best fish and chips in the area,no too expensive”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My wife and I were here last year,but were on a tight schedule,we were on our way to the PT express whale watch.(Check that out as well-take the 8hr trip to Friday Harbor).But this year was different,we made a side trip to PT,to shop,and then I said "how about havin'an early lunch'.My wife said "where?".I said the Public House.Last year I got a magazine stating "Hippies & Retirees agree the best fish and chips are at the Public House.The alaskan halibut was tastie.Did'nt even taste like fish.Next time I'll take the 2piece order.Price was about $22 with tip.Try it for yourself next time your in town.We will.David/Cheryl Sargent.NH

• Visited September 2011