“Not going to stay another night.”
Review of Port Townsend Inn

Port Townsend Inn
Ranked #15 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
“Not going to stay another night.”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I have family in Port Townsend, and the room was booked for us by them. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room and got one that smelled like the bottom of a bar ash tray.

The room is very small, grungy, and in need of updates.

However, the clincher for me was when we discovered that the floor between the bed & the bathroom wall was soaking wet. I don't know how long it's been like this, but I am floored that no one has noticed it until now. It's so wet, it actually squishes.

Would not recommend and am going to be looking for a new place to stay

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank Goddessmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We decided just to getaway for the weekend and what a great little town we found! We stayed at this hotel, and were very pleased with it. The staff was very friendly, the room was nice. It had a nice pool and hot tub.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
13 Thank Jay S
Port Townsend, WA
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Dirty bed linenes, no hot water, questionable "service"........when I wrote them a letter to ask for our money back, I never received a response. STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Room Tip: avoid this place at all costs!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JeanneB885

Travelers are raving about these Port Townsend hotels

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The staff was friendly. We paid as much as a new hotel elsewhere. The room was old, mattresses were sagging and the bathroom needs ripped out and replaced. The continental breakfast was just adequate.The coffee was not made. Menu was toast, muffins, packaged danish, cereal, and jam from a squeeze bottle. There are signs of upgrading but only on the outside of the buildings. Did not use the pool so I don't know the condition. Wish we had gone on to Port Angeles or Squim to better accomodations for the price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelinggrandma_11
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed here with a group of friends and really enjoyed ourselves. It's a quaint little Inn very close to all the things you might want to do. Cheerfully Recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
12 Thank Trisha H
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I have to say that this was a huge disappointment. We spent a little over $300.00 for a two night stay. I feel ripped off. They did charge me the entire amount upon check in (which is not typical of other hotels). I feel ripped off. The bathroom was awful. The shower surround was moldy and broken at the bottom. The vanity in the bathroom was just a rusty shelf with a mirror above. I truly didn't expect this when I was quoted the price. The staff were very nice and friendly - however after the maids cleaned, they didn't leave a roll extra toilet paper. This whole operation is tinged with cheap . . cheap . . . cheap. The mattresses reminded me of my stay in Eastern Europe . . springs with a little cotton on top. I was told that the owners bought the hotel 4 years ago - but I can't see where there is any meaningful maintenance. I won't be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank colemanboat
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I've stayed in lots of places, but this one takes the prize for nastiest motel ever. Bathroom completely covered in mold, dirty toilet - with poop residue under toilet seat, hair in drain NASTY. Ended up sleeping on top of bedding using our sleeping bags, had booked a 2-night stay but bailed after first night, we just could not bear the thought of staying another night there. The mattress was awful, the carpet dirty, towels stained. On top of all that, the staff was RUDE. AND... the room was $175.00 for a single night! Don't ever stay here, you'll hate it. The Bishop or the Swan are much better choices when staying in Port Townsend.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, if you value your health!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family