“Great Food, Nice Atmosphere”

Alchemy Bistro and Wine Bar
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: French, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We dined here during our weekend trip to Port Townsend. It is right downtown, so easy to walk around before and after a meal. We had dinner before heading to the Rose Theater for a movie. The food was good and the staff very helpful and friendly.

1  Thank rentonwa

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Okay, we wandered into Port Townsend on our way to Sea Tac airport, and WOW, what a great place. we had lunch, and i have never had a better soup/stew in my life. i had the oyster stew soup, and it was amazing. cute restaurant, good service, and great food. i also had a "beef and lamb grill skewers" that was so tasty. just the right amount of spices, and it was served on a "large portion of saffron rice". my friend had the "baked halibut" and that was terrific. you would not think that you could find such a fantastic restaurant, in this sleepy Victorian style town. if you go to Port Townsend, and i hope you do, find this restaurant. it's wonderful, and not very expensive at all..

1  Thank Bob C
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a masseuse while we were staying at the Bishop and it was just a block away on the same street as the hotel. Online I reviewed their menu and noticed that the bar menu had "small bites" (like tapas) and I assumed we might be able to order from the restaurant side as well. We really enjoy tapas style. There was an online description of being family friendly but other than an available mac/cheese and quesadilla, there wasnt much for kids. There were no children anywhere in the place but with us on a Saturday night at 8:00 pm. Arrived and seated immediately, server told me that the bar menu was not available from the restaurant BUT because we had small children with us they would accommodate us anyway (I was glad but I had a tinge of disappointment of such a rule). My initial disappointment evaporated as the small dishes arrived and we were so impressed with the creative dishes and we had a blast sharing several around the table. Not a single disappointment. I will go there again for sure. We did not order a single entree item, just small dishes and of course a quesadilla for the 6 y/o. Full bar and extensive wine selections available.

2  Thank pressonjh
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We love this restaurant! The atmosphere is cozy and warm, they make the best Martinis in town, and the eclectic menu offers something for every taste. We often go here for the excellent tapas menu which includes three types of empanadas, pan salada, a Mediterranean trio and more. The entree menu includes a wide variety that changes frequently and includes beef, seafood, and vegetarian. The staff is very friendly and attentive.

1  Thank 261billh
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a delightful dinner. The meal started with fresh warm bread and an assortment of olives. My husband had the seafood and chorizo paella which was flavorful and loaded with seafood. The shrimp were large and well seasoned. The risotto unfortunately,although flavorful was not very creamy and undercooked whereas I prefer mine creamy and cheesy.

1  Thank rosecityOR