“Fabulous food, service and wine. Don't miss it!”

Alchemy Bistro and Wine Bar
Cuisines: French, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Bellevue, Washington
“Fabulous food, service and wine. Don't miss it!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The food is a superb Northwest offering; as good as any high end restaurant in Seattle with twice the portion size for the same price. The scallops were huge and incredibly fresh. Try the wine and port flights for large pours of multiple vintages. And the service was both elegant and friendly. Who could ask for more? We are going back tonight!

• Visited December 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Went out for a nice supper and they seated us in bar. Not exactly what we had planned for the evening. We decided to make the best of it. We ate some appetizers and grabbed supper somewhere else and had a great evening.
Our waitress (bartender) was very sweet.
The appetizers were okay.

• Visited November 2013
California
“Terrible food---chef needs more training for the items listed on the menu”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We live in BC and decided to go to PT for the "Thanksgiving" weekend. After thorough research on trip advisor I called and made reservations for dinner at this restaurant. When we arrived our "Reserved" seating was in the bar section as the person who took my call thought that I had asked for the bar area. Anyways since the restaurant was not that busy they apologised and seated us wherever we wanted to sit. Then we ordered drinks (Red and white wine tasters) and appetizer (beef and lamb skewers that came with bland saffron rice). We had 2 ladies serving our table. So after checking with them multiple times....we decided to order 2 Paella's as our main entrée. I specifically told the waitress we both love paella but I am hesitant to order 2 paella as our main entrée (just in case if it was a disaster) but she assured us that the food is good and not to worry. In the meantime I was telling my husband that I hope they don't mix cioppino to the bland saffron rice and bring it out as "Paella". Olalalla.....two disappointing plates of paella arrived and my guessing came out right. What the chef did was he simply threw some plain saffron rice on our plates and dumped the cioppino on it with watery gravy running around and NO spicy chorizo in it but something fine stuff that looked like bacon bits. Very shocking and very disappointing. Me and my husband LOVE paella and we KNOW what real paella is. We were so hungry (as we were saving our appetite for good dinner) and so we had no choice but just eat whatever was served. Then one of the waitress came around and asked how our drink was and NEVER asked how paella was. That is really strange bcoz she was one who had told me that the food is great. So I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. I told her to tell the chef how disappointed we are with his paella. She then opens up and tells that the chef makes "Americanised version of Paella". Seriously.....so why didn't they disclose it to us when we both ordered for it despite me asking how it was. Then they want to make it up for their bad food and so they didn't want to charge for our desert. But as a matter of principle...I refused their bribe and paid our bill plus good tip and walked out all disappointed with their food. Shocking how people have given good reviews for this kind of food. Not sure if they have multiple chefs (good and bad ones). We are coming back to PT but NOT to this restaurant tho.

• Visited October 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Great Washington Chemistry!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The funny thing is....because Alchemy is a Bistro & Wine Bar it does not show up on a web map as a restaurant. This is lamentable because it is a great restaurant for a full meal or bites and a bit of bubbly during Happy Hour. The service has always been courteous and responsive, the setting very pleasant. The wine selections are varied and interesting. As a matter of fact, we added a recent selection, Elk Cove Pinot Gris (Willamette Valley, OR) to our personal wine list after enjoying a glass during Happy Hour. The menu is as varied as the wine list, making your selections all that more difficult (and fun). For a full meal in the restaurant seating area or a Happy Hour snack, Alchemy is good chemistry.

• Visited November 2013
Suquamish, Washington
“Fabulous, Interesting Food with Superior Service”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very Interesting food with excellent service. I had Cauliflower Raviloi's which were perfect. The menu have a range of choices and appetizers that were all served to perfection. Really great service.

Visited November 2013