“A Pleasant Late Lunch/Early Supper”

Alchemy Bistro and Wine Bar
Cuisines: French, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I wondered in about 3 p.m., when the dining room was closed, but the waitress said that we could sit on the tiny patio and order from the "small plates" menu. (Had the day not been warn and sunny, I suppose we could have done the same thing at the bar.)

We had oyster stew, olives, salads, bread, wine and beer, and it was perfect for what we looking for.

1  Thank chasclifton

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great food. I had Walleye Pike dusted with Almonds one of their specials. This is my second trip to Port Townsend and I came back to Alchemy. The service was prompt but not hurried. The atmosphere was perfect for casual fine dining. My waiter did a great job pairing my wine flights with my dinner.
I will choose Alchemy on my next trip to Port Townsend.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The food was fine, nothing special. We went on Sunday for brunch. It was noon and they were out of one item I ordered. The wait staff was nice but there was only 2 of them to cover a large restaurant and quit frankly though couldn't cover it all. We actually felt pretty bad for her. I will not be back.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Visited Port Townsend for my first time. Saw many galleries and finally had to find a place to have some to drink and eat. I had a nice red wine, don't remember what kind but it went well with the Best Seafood Paella I have ever had. Sat outside, there was only a few tables but great ambiance and a great relaxing time after a lot of walking.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We happened upon Alchemy Bistro on my rainy birthday ... one of the best meals ever ... from the ambiance to the cordial, informative waitress (without being intrusive) to the food which was a blend of tastes so pleasing to the palate that we know we'll be back again. The creme brulee was exquisite. The wild salmon salad was so tasteful that I almost was sorry to finish it! Check it out -- a great place.

1  Thank JoJoSmiles