“Classical Guitar”

Cuisines: French, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We happened to be there on a night where they featured a classical guitarist. What a treat! Beautiful restaurant on one side with an old fashioned bar on the other. Very nice.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Much of our experience was very pleasant. Our server was charming and the bussers were courteous. The food was good (and I can't remember the last time I had the enjoyable surprise of being able to order smelts in a restaurant!). Our table outside on the patio beside the stair-climb park was cool and scenic. It's too bad it was so absurdly slow. Admittedly, it was a busy Saturday night, but management is supposed to anticipate that and put sufficient staff on to handle it. And also admittedly, the first glass of wine I ordered (the Torrontes) turned out to be out of stock, so the server did have to come back and take a new order from me, but really! We arrived at 7:30 and didn't get our first glasses of wine until after 8:15. Just how badly understaffed does a restaurant have to be for service to be that slow? Other diners near us gave up and walked out instead of waiting.

Kris N, Owner at Alchemy Bistro and Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I apologize. We strive to have incredible food and service. It sounds like both were good but it took too long to get to you to start with. I assure you this error will not happen again. I hope you will join us again and be pleased with all aspects of our restaurant which we have worked very hard to achieve. Thank you

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We were shopping at the nice antique shop next door and decided to try them for lunch. We were greeted right away and told to just find a place where ever we wanted and so sat on the patio and it was lovely. The wife had a glass of Italian pinot and I had a large snifter
of Sound Brewery dubble entendre. We decided on a couple of appetizers, the antipasto plate and their angels on horseback which was prawns instead of scallops and both plates were very well presented and tasty. We also decided to try a desert and tried both their chocolate and lemon and they were light and delicious. We will be going back for sinner when we are back up here in the MH again next month.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Awesome food, awesome wine, awesome staff. One of the best steaks I have eaten and the bartenders were superb! Don't miss this place - the small plates are served untill 11pm and they are well worth stopping in for.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I had the perfect evening here. It was a Monday night, so they had a guest classical guitarist that evening. The service was great, as she was engaging and informative. The menu is very "gluten free friendly". We had appy's and salads and then no room for dinner as we wanted to try the desserts. The food was fantastic! Dessert was amazing too. We will come back for sure.