“Excellent Pizza and Great Beer!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tin Brick

The Tin Brick
Ranked #31 of 96 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Excellent Pizza and Great Beer!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

When you have 7 people trying to find a place to eat can be a real pain. Fortunately we ran into a young lady walking her dog and she told us to check this place out. Pizza was outstanding and all the draft beer was only $4 a glass. If you want pizza type food at a reasonable price you won't be disappointed.

3 Thank Seatow

Port Townsend, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great new place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Port Townsend is a tough place for a new restaurant to open...so many good choices. So, other than just food what does one look for when picking a place to dine or hang out? Being below street level one would think dark and dingy. Not so. The Tin Brick is clean, light, family friendly, and the menu is broad enough to be of interest to almost everyone. Pizza? Philly cheese? Absolutely! ...and right across the street from the Rose Theater. I do wish, however, the owner would add a real live East Coast "coney" dog to the menu. You know, one that has dogs that snap when you bite into them, buns that are only big enough to hold the dog and some stuff on top, and a chili that tastes like you've just traded heaven for a pleased palate. I was there on a Monday night when the open mic was in session. Fantastic! People of all skill levels playing a wide variety of tunes...even two poets...being supported by a great crowd. The wait staff is positive, and the underground atmosphere hearkens back to the early days of the old waterfront. I love it. Why not 5 stars? As someone else mentioned smoke from the wood fired oven might be a problem for some folks. So, get a carryout!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mike p
Port Townsend, Washington
“Caesar salad is fabulous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I am a big fan of caesar salad and will often order it in a restaurant, sometimes with chicken or fish on top. The Caesar Salad at the Tin Brick is the best I've ever had. Cold romaine lettuce, cut in perfect bite-sized pieces, with just the right amount of rich salty, anchovy flavored dressing (but not too salty), and sprinkled throughout with olive oil soaked, crunchy croutons. Great garlic flavor too! Quantity is plenty for a meal. I have split this salad and a pizza with my husband and that makes for a great shared meal. The last time I was there I ordered the salad with sliced chicken breast. The meat was not very flavorful, but the salad is so good I could ignore that disappointment.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Kara1080
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great Pizza, Nice service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I have been here twice. Pizza's are excellent. Servers are nice. But a Caesar Salad with a oil and vinegar dressing?? When I questioned this, the waitress said it was done in the proper Italian style. Well, the history often told of the Caesar Salad is that a Mexican restaurant owner in L.A. California, is credited with creating it. No Italian birthright here.If I had wanted a classic Italian dressing I would have ordered a basic salad, which I do when in Italy. I would never order a Caesar salad there, which is an American invention. I hope this restaurant works for the owner and staff, but it seems that pizza only restaurants in this town have to compete with a pizza restaurant with a long history and local devotees.

• Visited June 2014
PORT TOWNSEND
“Watch your bill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Came into this place for a pizza and glass of wine, and was surprised to find that the charges on my bill were higher than the price on the menu. I brought this to the attention of the cashier who informed me that the cash register was programmed with higher prices and there was nothing she could do to fix it. Not good! Watch your receipt!

• Visited June 2014
44 Thank Tracy H
Harry D, Owner at The Tin Brick, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Based on the comments left own your credit card receipt, I was expecting this review. I am very surprised that the issues described in your review are so different from the facts.

This was not an issue of our computer system not reflecting the menu prices. It was an issue of our handling of the discounts associated with the Summer Solstice Pub Crawl promotion. This was our first time participating in the Pub Crawl and I thought that the discounts were correctly set up in the system. Very early that night we found that discounts were only being applied to the first item of each type (i.e. the second glass of wine would not have the discount applied). It was an extremely busy night and I knew that I would not be able to re-program the discount, so instead I adjusted the price to reflect the discount for each and every required receipt.

I assure you that the total you paid reflected all Pub Crawl discounts you were entitled to. To suggest, as you did on your receipt, that we were trying to "cheat you" out of $1 is ridiculous given the time and energy we have devoted to building our business one customer at a time.