“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Waterstreet Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently stayed here in Room 12 for 9 days while I helped a family member fix up his house. I needed a quiet, clean, comfortable place to rest and regroup -- and this was perfect! Mary, at the hotel desk, was very gracious and helpful. A key requirement for me was cost, and, at $60 per night including tax and everything, this place could not be beat! The maid service was very good as was the wifi. It is within walking distance of everything that I needed, including my family member's house. The shared bath was modern and comfortable. The room was attractive with high ceilings and high Victorian windows that faced the street. The bed was extremely comfortable with tons of pillows. The sink in the room was handy. The room was quiet; what street noise there was kind of lolled me to sleep.

My local family members remembered the wild days of the 60s at the hotel when one permanent resident put up a swing for his teenage kids at the top of the third floor stairs; this swing swung dizzily over a 20 foot drop. This place is steeped in 122 years of Port Townsend history!

Room Tip: I really liked Room 12 with the shared bath.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Chris N

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stole the title from the previous review as it summed up the stay for me. Great location and the lady on the front desk was very nice and gave us good recommendations. We had a corner room at the front on the first floor with a shared bathroom. Everything was clean and the room was very spacious. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Segardner77
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I recently completed a two week camping trip through Washington and Oregon, but I wanted to stay again at the Waterstreet Hotel when we hit Port Townsend, as I and my parents had stayed there seven years ago on their final big trip together, and it was one of the highlights of our journey. Then we had stayed in room #5 (?) which was large with a kitchenette and a mini loft in which I slept. The best feature, however, was the large back deck from which we enjoyed watching ships, boats, skullers, and the sunset. Very cool. When my husband and I arrived, that room was available, but we couldn't afford it on our budget so we opted for a much smaller room at the top of the stairs with a shared bathroom, which was fine. The hotel has been described by other guests, so I won't elaborate, but we observed that the place has been nicely renovated but it is not elaborate, just cozy. If you're looking for five stars, this probably isn't it, but if you like character with your comfort, give it a try.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Mary at the front desk was a fabulous help in giving me ideas for entertainment that would be suitable for teenage kids and wheelchair confined granny. The hotel was royal and spacious as well as nice and clean. Ice cream store...the next door down...was great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My two besties and I stopped her on a 6 day tour of ONP. The place was spotless and had a very unique charm. Almost had a haunted feel which made it even more fun! Gorgeous building. And it was right on the main street with lots of shopping and places to eat. Loved it!

Room Tip: seagulls are really loud!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lizzib1972
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent 4th of July week here. Great location. Great staff. Mary is a gem. No hotel parking lot but that is not a problem. Plenty of nearby free on-street and free off-street public parking in the same block.Ice cream and candy shop next door which comes in handy. Quiet end of town but still close to the best restaurants and shops. Old building, etc. but we did not spend much time in the room except to sleep. I would stay here again. The Palace Hotel is pretty much the same type of building except they charge more for the same type of room. And the Palace staff is not as freindly.

Room Tip: Call and talk to Mary. The photos on the website are good but don't answer all questions.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe K
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was a bit apprehensive when we first arrived. There is only street parking (no lot). This a old hotel that is in need of new carpet and some fresh paint. BUT! Our room was very clean and quiet. Our host was great and we found a cool spot for dinner with live jazz music and a fabulous staff within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Harborside Inn
Harborside Inn
#11 of 11 in Port Townsend
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim

Been to The Waterstreet Hotel? Share your experiences!