“The Fountain Cafe - Port Townsend, Washington”
Review of The Fountain Cafe

The Fountain Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I ate dinner with three friends at the Fountain Cafe on Sunday, September 29, 2013. I ordered the Prawns Fettucine in a Chipolte cream sauce and it was delicious. After the first bite I was afraid it would be too spicy but from the second bite on it was perfect! Just slightly spicy and delicious. I also tasted my friends dishes, Two people had the steak special, and the steak was extra great...tender cooked perfectly for each person. My other friend had the Mushroom pasta special which was made with four local mushrooms, chantrelles, lobster mushrooms and 2 others. It was outstanding! Our waiter was very good, very discret and yet very attentive. It is a small restaurant with a limited number of tables which enables them to prepare each entree when ordered. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Belleshell

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

we went here for dinner, we were on a low carb diet very hard to stay on it since its almost all pasta. We ordered a couple of salads and some wine and paid almost $30. If you like pasta maybe a great place to go. It is very small not much seating.

1  Thank KenOTL
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love to come here for lunch. They make the best clam chowder and the homemade bread that goes with it. It's a very small place, better for couples than families which is another reason we like it for a quiet meal. We have only been in once for dinner and it was very intimate and romantic. They have great specials, and and excellent beer and wine selection. Service can be slow, but you need to relax and enjoy.

2  Thank tougo
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I like a chef who challenges my palate without slipping into weird. The Fountain has 10 tables for lucky diners who enjoy great service (helpful without hovering), an interesting space ( old house, new art) and creative, beatiful, delicious food. Our lunch was most memorable for the playful, swirling garnish of beets and carrots. I dont like beets, but gave this a try, and found the sweet, crunchy veggie not bad at all. Reminded me of how kids think something tastes better if you cut it into a fun shape! Find The Fountain one block off Water Street and enjoy the talent brought to you as good food.

1  Thank Restless_in_Seattle
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Everything about this long-time Port Townsend restaurant is terrific. Good ambiance, great service, tasty wine, outstanding food, and good downtown location. I've been to this restaurant about a half dozen times over the last 25 years while traveling to Port Townsend. I always make it point to have a meal here and I'm always completely satisfied. I'll be back for sure, and I highly recommend other travels to try it out. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Mike N