“'FOUNTAIN CAFE' Favorite 'drop in' restaurant in our own "back yard" in Port Townsend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fountain Cafe

The Fountain Cafe
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Port Townsend, Washington, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've been choosing 'Fountain Cafe' over the many fine restaurants in our lovely town (over and over again!) not only for its consistantly terrific food, but the always the fabulous service and attention paid to us when we walk through the door of this cozy 10-12 table 'bistro cafe' .

Kudos to the owner Nick and servers Heidi and Bennett who make us feel like family walking in to our own dining room... but with someone else cooking for us! (They always seem to know exactly what we'd like!!)

New Year's Eve Feast was just that!! Course after course of unusual and delectible morsels ... until we finally had to stop our tasty bites and take home their famous Tiramisu for dessert ... to ring in the New Year .. with another glass of bubbly!

FYI we've dined there four times since New Year's Eve ... with friends and grandson from out of town! Always a 'special menu' on the black board, as well as all of our favorites on the menu...

Be sure you tell them 'locals' sent you for a fabulous experience!

• Visited January 2013

“A legend for many, reality for me.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I visited this particularly eclectic eatery by mistake one afternoon in the dead of winter 2008. I, a bitter candidate for surprise, found myself entranced by the soft warm aroma of fresh basil, steamed carrot, and coconut milk. Which I had no respect for either of those particular delights until this very day. (Hence my new found appreciation) Of course at that time I merely gave in to the need to feed, only after consulting the chef, a very talented Mr.Gabreil, did i realize that my tongue, nay, my heart twas born to taste, born to tempt, born to test every limit, luxury, and legume that this god of culinary creation had to bestow upon every deserving soul that approached his absolute elegance, and avid appreciation for every aspect of what he calls "simple self expression". The man, though off following his heart, will always have a place in the life, love, and of course the ladle of any homosapien , of which his presence, had been graced. Amen

Washington State
“Such a nice place to eat!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We just had lunch at here. It was cold and wet outside, but so warm and welcoming inside. The server was warm and attentive without hovering. Our sandwiches, salad, soup and gingerbread dessert were ridiculously good. In short - a great find!

Auburn, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Sandwich!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

A friend and I had lunch here. It's not a fancy place, but the food was excellent. Some of the best clam chowder I've ever had. The grilled chicken, spinach, and melted brie sandwich was delicious! I would recommend eating here while you're in Port Townsend.

Visited December 2012
Benton City, Washington
“Terrific Food + Cozy Cafe = Big Smile”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The cafe was not hard to find, it's on the same side of Washington as the water fountain. What was hard to find was parking on a Friday night. My wife and I parked two blocks away just off Water's Street, and then we walked by other eateries and small shops as we made our way to the Fountain Cafe. The few extra steps was well worth our time. We were warmly greeted just as we entered. I felt that the staff here like their work very much and it showed through their smiles . But the best part of eating here is the wonderful food. It was fresh and tasted as good at it looked. Even though we walked back to our car in a cold drizzle, we had a smile and were warm and happy on the inside.

• Visited December 2012