“Pretty Basic”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Restaurants in Port Townsend close early and since I was getting in about 8:00 pm, this one which was near my hotel was recommended. Nothing special here. Decent ale-battered fish & chips. The waitress forgot my baked potato and I had to ask for it. The wine was okay. This is a good family or lunch place. DO not go here for anything special.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband ordered pan fried oysters (which were very good), I had a shrimp cocktail (cannot really mess up on that one). We both had clam chowder. It was rather bland and not a lot of clams. The water tasted like chlorine ,so, I wondered if the same water was used to make the soup. The staff were very friendly. Great view of the ferry coming in.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The view from Bayview is lovely and most of the tables have window views of the harbour. The food was average. We had fish and chips and shrimp with potato. I suspect it was frozen. Compares with an ABC or Ricky's in Canada. The staff were friendly and effecient.
Looks like we could have eaten outside if the weather was better.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is bad I ordered chicken breasts they were so rubbery you couldn't cut it the blackened seasoning was so thick I couldn't eat it because it was so hot the fries were mushy and tasteless and my lettuce for my salad was brown and wilted. My friend got fish and chips the fish was greasy and tasteless and the dressing on her salad was mayo with no taste. Also this place is pricy for the type of food you get.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The menu said 'diner' and I think that is the feeling I got when I ate there. Good food, nicely priced and they even had a full bar. Made my martini exactly as requested and only cost $5.00. Back to the food. The locals rated it the best soup in town and my friends agreed. I had the fried oysters and they were large and not overly coated and were cooked properly... Loved them. Also, it was 9:30pm and they welcomed us to dine. You've got to like that attitude