“Great Lamb Shank.”
Review of Silverwater Cafe

Silverwater Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: David and Alison have owned the Silverwater Cafe since its opening in 1989. They have built the restaurant on the idea that bringing people together to enjoy good food, good wine and great friends is one of the most important things in life; and the desire to be a thriving addition to this lovely community of Port Townsend that we call home.We believe in quality and strive to continually perfect our craft. We at the Silverwater Cafe invite you in for a moment of casual elegance where you can feel at home with your kids, family and friends.
Victoria, Canada
“Great Lamb Shank.”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The food was great, I really enjoyed my Lamb Shank and my husband enjoyed his stuffed chicken breast too. We had a discussion with the Sommelier on paring the wine and he advised a great french red that set everything off perfectly. Enjoyed our dinner very much.

Visited June 2014

Houston, Texas
“Waitress made repeated passes at my husband”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Food and atmosphere were quite good; however, my husband and I will forever consider it one of the worst dinners we have ever had.

First, let me establish that my husband is a handsome man and I have never been the least concerned that other women find him attractive. That being said, no woman wants to sit across a table for two and see a waitress repeatedly (6-8 times) give her husband a highly inappropriate and unprofessional lingering "love rub" on his shoulder especially after having been short and snippy to the wife.

We both found her "affection" for my husband to be highly uncomfortable but it was clear there was no point in speaking to her directly. We tried to get the manager's attention, but it was a busy night. Finally we wrote it off as just her own personal issues and went on enjoying our evening. Then I learned that she had progressed to the inside of his knee!! I wrote the restaurant using the email provided on their site over a week ago, reporting this unbelievable behavior yet to date have not received a reply.

We live in the south and are accustomed to folks being openly friendly toward strangers, trust me, this was not along that vein nor should it be accepted by anyone anywhere! What makes it worse is the complete lack of response from the restaurant.

We are seriously considering retiring in Port Townsend but will Never be eating at this restaurant again.

Redmond, Washington, United States
“Outstanding food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Everything about Silverwater Cafe is topnotch! Our meals were fantastic! My husband had a simply outrageous duck presented with amaretto cherries, lots of "oohs" from him. My halibut dish was paired fabulously and the best I have ever had! We will look forward to going back!

TX
“Loads of charm, interesting menu”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Now, I don't pretend to be a food snob, but I do like interesting menus with tempting choices, and I found it here. Polenta. Manila clams. Interesting vegetarian dishes. Actually, I just loved this place the minute I walked in. With its exposed brick walls, sidewalk facing windows, high ceilings, and cozy atmosphere, I was smitten. The service was good, but dropped off at the end. We arrived at 8:40, and dinner service ends at 9 p.m., so we were rushed to order, and the wait staff were busy getting ready & setting tables for the next day, so we were pushed to the side a bit. There is a bar dinner menu served upstairs in the bar after 9 p.m. Pt Townsend seems to be a quiet evening town, and we didn't see much activity going on. In fact, most of the stores were closed.

Reno, NV
“Best Dinners in PT”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Each time we dined at Silverwater our dinners were excellent. The servers were friendly and their knowledge of the wine list helped us select a wine that complimented our meals.
Highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited July 2014