“Pretentious and lacking”
Review of Silverwater Cafe

Silverwater Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: David and Alison have owned the Silverwater Cafe since its opening in 1989. They have built the restaurant on the idea that bringing people together to enjoy good food, good wine and great friends is one of the most important things in life; and the desire to be a thriving addition to this lovely community of Port Townsend that we call home.We believe in quality and strive to continually perfect our craft. We at the Silverwater Cafe invite you in for a moment of casual elegance where you can feel at home with your kids, family and friends.
Victoria
“Pretentious and lacking”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I arrived at the cafe at almost 8:00 pm on a saturday night and were told to wait for the host by two of the servers, after about a 5 minute wait an arrogant fellow came over and said it would be about a 15 minute wait for a table and we should stay close. There was only a single chair in the crowded entry but we waited there and counted 6 vacant 4 seat tables set and ready to go. Finally after about 10 mins a 2 seat table was made up and we were seated there. We ordered dinner and drinks and were asked if we'd like bread and said yes, we would. Meanwhile a well dressed couple came in, were immediately seated at a 4 seat table and were served wine before even our drinks were served. I then received an old dried up piece of lime with no juice with my drink, and had to ask another waitress for a lime with some juice for my corona. I then noticed our waitress had already served the well dressed couple a basket of bread, we still had none. She ignored us while topping up their wine. I finally signalled the other waitress and asked for bread and she brought some right over, unfortunately it was immediately followed by our meals, it had taken so long. All in all, not impressed. It seemed like a down to earth place from the decor but the arrogant host and the neglectful server only seemed to cater to the obvious big spenders. Give this place a pass.

1 Thank Rockfamily68

Port Townsend, Washington
“My favorite in Port Townsend!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

They have the best steak I have ever had! I work front desk and send several guests their way, I have yet to hear anything but great things.

• Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Great food, good vibe”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Loved the small and cozy feel of this place and the unique menu offerings. Very good place for a romantic night out to dinner!

Visited February 2014
Sasebo, Japan
“Located Downtown in a Historic Building”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

In the mood for taking a mini road trip one Saturday morning, twelve of us from work decided to make the trek to Port Townsend for lunch.

The Silverwater Café is located downtown in a historic building. They have a bar upstairs on the second floor in the Mezzaluna and they have partnered with the Rose Theatre next door to open The Starlight Room on the third floor where they show movies and offer food and cocktails.

Parking is on the street and very difficult to find. Several members of our party were late due to the unavailability of parking spots in the immediate area.

The menu informed us that the café opened in 1989 due to the popularity of their fish and chips shack on the old ferry dock, so with the exception of 1 or 2 of us, that is what we ordered. They use Ling Cod, fry it in a lemon/dill batter and serve it with French fries and coleslaw. I ordered 2 pieces for $13, but you can add another piece for $3 more.

The fish was cut in nice thick fillets, but as soon as you forked into it, all the coating fell off. Looking around the table, I saw that most everyone left the coating on their plate, but it was tasty, so I tried to incorporate a little of it into every bite. The fries took over my plate, but they were very chintzy on the coleslaw.

I ordered Chocolate Lava Cake from the dessert menu but was disappointed to discover it was only a cupcake with a dense center. It was still good but not $5.75 good. My friend across the table let me have a bite of the Coconut Flan and it had a nice creamy texture.

I wouldn't be opposed to returning here sometime in the future, but I will probably check out some of the other restaurants Port Townsend has to offer first.

• Visited October 2013
Sumner, Washington
“Nice Place & Great Lunch”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Things are very quiet in Port Townsend mid week in January. We were welcomed and seated at a nice window table. Noticed that even at 2:00 there was 5 or so tables being served. The service was very friendly and helpful. We both had the lunch combo, half a sandwich, soup or salad and beverage. The shrimp crab melt, with clam chowder hit the spot on a cold day. My wife had the ultimate grilled cheese, nice twist to a classic, with lentil soup. Said both were very good. We were offered drink refills. The Silverwater Café is a good lunch choice

• Visited January 2014