“Old Town Comfort”
Review of Silverwater Cafe

Silverwater Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: David and Alison have owned the Silverwater Cafe since its opening in 1989. They have built the restaurant on the idea that bringing people together to enjoy good food, good wine and great friends is one of the most important things in life; and the desire to be a thriving addition to this lovely community of Port Townsend that we call home.We believe in quality and strive to continually perfect our craft. We at the Silverwater Cafe invite you in for a moment of casual elegance where you can feel at home with your kids, family and friends.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great food and service for our new granddaughter's first restaurant visit. Nice three course menu for early dinner arrivals. The tomato bisque was terrific. Steaks and fish were just right. Recommend the cheese plate for the dessert selection if you are watching your carbs. Impressive wine selection.

1  Thank WmLW

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I ate here several times while in town for a workshop. Why mess with success? The staff are pleasant and efficient and the food was great. I went with several other workshop participants and we all had the same positive reaction.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great food & atmosphere. Initial greeting by hostess & server was not so warm or welcoming - service with an attitude. Right away, I asked the staff if I arrived too late - 8:45 pm for dinner. I mentioned to server (Barbara) that if I had arrived " too late" to let me know. After this , the server "Barbara" was much more accommodating. They were out of several specials & regular dinner items. However, the salmon dinner & blackberry pie was the best.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I took my friend here for a birthday dinner. We love the interior, the atmosphere - it's cozy. The menu is interestingly varied, and they have specials. Unfortunately, what he wanted most, they ran out of, which they told us after he ordered. So he was a bit bummed.

It took a little extra time being served, but I will not mark the gal down for that, because it became clear she was tending bar AND trying to wait tables at the same time, and she was very polite for all her having to run around.

Food was nicely presented, tasty, and they stuck a candle in the (NUMMY) peach pie my friend got for dessert. Not too sweet, fresh, and not mushy. Would return, for sure.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great restaurant with a wonderful menu!! We tried the peppered steak and was so taken by it, we ordered the same thing the next night ( to go, this time, to take back to the Ravenscroft Inn)! The mushroom pepper sauce was to die for! Large 12 oz. steak, cooked PERFECTLY, with the best garlic mashed potatoes and fresh string beans!! We have had other peppered steaks in our life, and mostly were disappointed, and with apprehension ( because of other bad experiences ) we ordered...and we were rewarded with the most amazing steak in this world! We look forward to trying other things on the menu because the whole menu looked amazing. Thank you for the best steak in town!!!

1  Thank Domonique D