“Fabulous waterside dining”

Belmont Restaurant & Saloon
Ranked #34 of 96 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Greenville, South Carolina
“Fabulous waterside dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I ate here on a Sunday evening and loved it! We split a salad, the duck breast dinner (two duck breasts!), two desserts, coffee and a glass of wine. We felt the prices were very reasonable and our server was friendly and efficient. The manager made it a point to check with us. While the outside tables were indeed cheap white plastic, being in a seaside environment I wouldn't expect them to put out something more expensive. Don't be put off by the outdated and water-damaged menu posted out front (as I almost was). The food and the service here were impeccable and one of the best meals we had during our 10 day trip to the Pacific Northwest.

• Visited September 2012

Port Townsend, Washington
“Always a great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Lunch is very reasonably priced and the deck on the water is fun. Dinner is more expensive, but the clams are always a great starter, the salads are varied and excellent, and I always have an entree that I love

Visited August 2012
Spearfish, SD
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Belmont was more than we expected! The atmosphere was great. The servers were exceptional and the food was to die for.
You could eat inside or out side. The manager was doing his job very well. Our favorite place. We ate there 3 times.

Visited August 2012
Victoria
“Needs a better rating, it was fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Based on "local Knowledge" we went to the Belmont on a busy Saturday, We did not have a reservation but were told we could have a table in about 10 minutes. The very efficient and friendly Maitre d' took about 7 minutes to show us to a best of both worlds table, just Inside in the doorway with an unobstructed view of the deck and beyond. We were advised by our friends to try the crab/artichoke melt and my wife ordered it. I chose the Crab Louie salad. First the melt was amazing, ( I could tell by the look on her face) MY salad was a show stopper, there was at least 2/3 of a cup of crab meat, not just the tiny bits but lots of claw and leg meat also. The homemade 1000 island dressing, served on the side was mild and creamy and a perfect match for the delicate flavour of the crab, the greens and the sliced eggs. Our server was attentive, friendly and answered a myriad of questions most of us strangers in town often have.
If this place is not on your list it should be.

• Visited August 2012
Greeley, Colorado
“bad experience ruined an otherwise pleasant day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My friend and I were looking forward to a nice lunch at the Belmont, which had been recommended by another shopkeeper in Port Townsend. While my food was fine, my friend's was definitely not. She has written about her experience (see review by 332Traveler331) and my own experience was not much better. As we were ordering, I asked how big the Blue Cheese Lover's Salad was. When the waitress showed me the size of the salad, I said it would be too big for me and declined to order it. At that, she said they could make me a half order and I decided to take her up on her offer. After the fiasco with my friend's meal and having had no apologies from either the wait staff or management for that, we were brought the check. She charged me full price for the half-sized salad. When I mentioned that to the waitress, she acted like she'd forgotten about it and went off to adjust the total. When she came back she said they had served me a full sized salad - though it didn't look as big as what she showed me a full-size salad would be - and would not adjust the bill. Generally, when you can't get what you've ordered, they come and tell you about it - at least that's been my experience in other restaurants. Not so here - she refused to adjust the bill even though she'd been the one to offer me a smaller salad and hadn't told me that a smaller salad wouldn't be available after all. Since management and staff were not interested in taking responsibility for the bad food my friend had been served, I decided just to pay the bill and leave without dealing with them again. All in all - this was one of the worst restaurant experiences I've ever had.

• Visited August 2012