“The Belmont in Port Townsend”

Belmont Restaurant & Saloon
Ranked #38 of 99 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2012

another good find on our trip last weekend was the Belmont for Lunch. Everything was good. Great place to visit and a great price for lunch. I had the goat cheese seafood linguini. Out of this world. My friend had the salmon with veggies wrapped in parchment paper - Devine - she loved it. We all had the crab cakes to start - so very very good to the last drop, had to almost lick the plate the sauce was so good. Oh yeah the olive oil butter spread for the bread was crazy yummy. And the guys had a seafood dish this place is known for - they loved it.

1  Thank Eggmcmuffin

Reviewed May 26, 2012

This restaurant had a great view, and the service was wonderful (very friendly and attentive). But the food was fair to average, at best.

1  Thank Laura and Mark A
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Fabulous ribs! Only been a couple of times, but each time we have truly enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere. But ribs are the best there - awesome

Reviewed April 17, 2012

The service i had at the Belmont wasn't very good. the food was over cooked, My friends and family that were staying in port Townsend for the weekend just laughed at the service that was given. BAD FOOD BAD SERVICE

1  Thank fred h
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We went here on the recommendation of Lonely Planet. The building is from the late 19th century and used to be a restaurant back then as well. It has a feeling of old world hospitality. They have a patio with a great view over the water and we originally sat there. But it was such a bright and sunny afternoon that I was uncomfortable without sunglasses and we asked to move indoors! Luckily we were right on time to grab the table right next to one of the large windows so we got the advantage of the view without the uncomfortable glare.

Now I'm vegetarian and the veg options here were very limited. I got the blue cheese salad and the mushroom pasta. Both were excellent. The pasta in particular I expected to be a bland marinara affair but they surprised me with their extremely flavourful marinara and homemade linguini. DH got pan fried oysters which he loved and said were very reasonably priced. "Would have cost double in San Francisco". His entree was the seafood linguini and like me he enjoyed the pasta and found the seafood fresh and delicious.

Definitely recommend this restaurant for location, ambiance as well as food.