“Good food, slow service”
Review of Addie Mae's Southern Kitchen - CLOSED

Addie Mae's Southern Kitchen
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Fresh homemade food, but our server took over five minutes to greet us when there were only three other full tables. Food took a while to arrive, but understandable as its all freshly made. But our server didn't check in with us to refill drinks etc. There were six in our party and they automatically charge 20 percent tip so maybe the waitress didn't really care she knew what she was getting a nice tip out of us.

“Great Southern Style cooking!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stopped here after the ferry ride over and were hungry for some good southern food. The decor was fun, the service quick, and the food great! My husband ordered the chicken and waffles. (It's true southern style so the syrup and waffles have a little zing! Still good though!) His fried chicken was the best I've ever had. Great unique flavor and tender. I ordered a bowl of the chicken pot pie soup and was not disappointed. The peach cobbler was a perfect end to the meal.

• Visited March 2014
Santa Fe
“Pretty good soul food in Washington state?”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I would rate this 3 1/2 stars if possible but overall enjoyed the meal. The service was fine, the ambience ok but if you pick the right items (I know - which ones?), you will enjoy what you have. We had the chicken and dumplings and fried chicken. The bowl of chicken and dumplings was about the best that I have ever had. It was chocked full of chicken, vegetables, etc. and was a wonderful consistency. The fried chicken was good meat, good flavor but a little too much batter and fried a little too much for me but this is a style and depends on your taste. The menu is extensive with gumbo, shrimp and grits, jambalaya, etc and I have a feeling that their probably pretty good. They have some interesting desserts as well.

• Visited March 2014
Anacortes WA
“Great Morning Breakfast!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was a great breakfast. We were Spending the weekend at Discovery Bay. We were downtown Checking out downtown Port Townsend, found this little restaurant. The southern style doughnut, beignet were the best of all. It was served with a slight coffee flavored dipping sauce.

• Visited February 2014
Somewhere In
“Interesting food, good service, tired looking restaurant”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My first and only time trying "Southern" food. Our server was very helpful explaining some of the menu options. We ordered the deep-fried dill pickles which we found to be quite salty but lightly battered in fresh oil. We loved the Hush Puppies which are deep fried cornbread fritters with cajun maple syrup- delicious, freshly prepared, and light and crispy. On our servers recommendation we had our catfish blackened with a spicy rub. The fish was flaky and nicely seasoned. It was my first time experiencing cheesy grits and they were really delicious, smooth texture, fluffy and very cheesy. The collard greens were okay but way too salty for my tastes. Not too sure if this is a Southern thing.

The portions were huge. The two of us split the entre and were quite satisfied.

The restaurant decor was quite dated and tired-looking. It also seemed like the place needed a good scrub. The windows in the back room where we ate were etched with hard-water stains and the place had a slightly funky smell. Being a foodie, I am not too bothered by these things but I am always more impressed with a place that makes an effort to look clean and cared for.

• Visited February 2014