“Great location, average service & food”
Review of Doc's Marina Grill

Doc's Marina Grill
Ranked #13 of 104 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New restaurant.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We've been to this restaurant many times - most recently for a late lunch on Sunday. The restaurant, which is located on Point Hudson in Port Townsend, with great views of the Marina, as well as Admiralty Inlet, Whidbey Island, and the comings and goings of the Whidbey- Port Townsend ferry. Uniquely, the restaurant was once the laundry room and the men's and women's restrooms and showers for the still operating Point Hudson RV park and Marina. For our lunch, I had the Doc's Cheeseburger on a pretzel bun with lettuce, tomato and onion, and with a quinoa salad side dish both were adequate, but not outstanding. My spouse had the grilled cheese sandwich - 3 kinds of cheese and tomato on good bakery bread - and the tomato bisque soup. She rated her lunch "excellent," and I would concur, since she gave me a taste. Service this time was very good, though on past occasions, it has been quite slow.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We loved eating here. We had no real expectations, and were very happy with the food, service and experience. We were lucky to have a beautiful day, and were seated outside on the deck.
The crab and artichoke dip is amazing. The crab Louis salad was one of the best salads I have ever had. I had to keep slapping my husband's hands away from the plate because he was trying to steal the crabmeat. Next time he needs to order his own crab Louis salad.
We will be back......

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went here on a bright sunny day. My friend and I wanted to sit outside but thought the sun would be too warm on our heads when I spied a pile of women's and men's straw hats near the hostess stand. We grabbed one and indeed did sit out on the deck. We looked over the interesting menu and both decided the on veggie pita. Oh yum!! The pita itself was crispy and smeared on the inside with artichoke garlicky tapenade and stuffed with asparagus , roasted portabella mushrooms, roasted tomato and torn leafy lettuce. Served with choice of sides. I had the quinoa salad (oh so flavorful) and my friend had the done just right fries. Washed down with a cold beer this was a great choice for lunch. Can't wait to go back to try some of the other things I saw on the menu.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Jim at the Commanders a Beach House recommended Docs to my friend & I. It did not disappoint. We had 3 meals there & each was amazing. The drinks are fabulous too.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Took my husband and family to Doc's for his birthday. Made a reservation with Theresa; when we arrived they couldn't find our reservation so they seated us in the bar at a table that didn't hold our party of 5. We asked if we could move into the dining room when a seat became available and that's when everything went South. The attitude of the bar waitress was horrible. She made us feel unwelcomed and we were one huge bother to her. We hung in there and continued to be polite hoping to salvage the birthday night. We noticed the dining room cleared out and we asked again to be seated in the dining room. The bar waitress took us to a table and that is the last time we saw any waitress for the next 60 minutes, and the restaurant was not busy by that time. It was a disaster. It was pretty clear that no one was in charge and customer service was not important. Too bad because we like to support local eateries.

1  Thank HappyTravel z
Docsgriller, Manager at Doc's Marina Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

First of all I personally and sincerely apologize for your bad experience here at Doc's. We pride our selves on our service, food and atmosphere. It is apparent that we missed with your families special occasion. This was an unfortunate series of events, and most certainly not a common practice here at Doc's. I would love to have you and your family come in and give us another chance to make your visit memorable in a positive way.
We all enjoy delivering "Food, Drinks and FUN, Done right" I hope you'll give us another chance.
Teresa Schultz, Manager.