“Relaxing Eden”

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stay here!
Great rates.
Amazing panoramic views!
Restaurants in walking distance.
Benefits- continental breakfast, laundry facilities (if you have a pet that accidentally gets into the water,) friendly manager, Hardik.

Compare it to the Tides and Harborside Inn and then pick the Aladdin.

Room Tip: No elevators here, so if lugging belongings up the stairs is an issue, request the ground floor. How...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank narfishi

Reviewed October 13, 2012

probably a solid 3.5 stars, but the views out the window made it a 4.

Wanted a place that allowed pets that wouldn't break the bank. The Alladin was it. As we pulled in to the hotel, it is right on the harbor side of the sound, and right next to the harbor... and right on the water. There is even a little beach area directly behind the hotel.

The rooms were decent.. fairly clean, a little dated. There are a few simple things they could have done to spruce up the place, like fix/paint some rusty nobs in the bathroom. Bed was as little hard, but not terrible. Yes, there's a frig and microwave.

Then.. the smell hit. All night.. had to close the windows about 3AM. I've lived by the beach, and know an ocean smell.. this wasn't it. It smelled like ocean mixed with sewer, oil and curry. Anyway, the next morning we found out it wasn't the hotel.. it was the whole town (except the curry part, (which was very good smelling and from the Indian Place across the street)... which we generally enjoyed, but it smells. Sorry.

Check in was easy.. nice people.

Walk a block down to The Pour.. a nice little brewpub that has a great outdoor area to drink. There's also a BBQ place across the street. You are about 1-2 miles from the old town area itself.

Overall, decent place to stay for the night or weekend if you have pets and don't want to spend an arm and a thigh.

Room Tip: no elevator, so if you don't want to walk up several flights of stairs, get a ground level room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mtnmanlives
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Yes, I know its not particularly the Ritz, but my gosh, are you going there to stroke the bed spread, measure the fridge, calculate the thread count in the sheets or check out the age of the drapery? I have stayed in several places in Port Townsend, and each one offers something that I enjoy. I bring my boat up and rent a slip at the Marina walking distance away, I watch my kids gleefully searching for small crabs and occasionally digging up a Goeduck on the beach below my window. They build seaweed and driftwood sculptures on the beach and roll in the sand and I get to see it all from my window, with beautiful boats coming and going in the back ground into the Marina. Elevator.... schmelavator, I just had my knee replaced and need the other one done as well and I consider it a good work out to climb to our third story room. When I arrived, the management greeted me with a smile and remembered me from last year and let me park my boat trailer in the parking lot. Yes, I could hear some slightly noisy party going on next door or below us, but I still managed to fall asleep as I could also hear the waves lapping at the edge of hotel on the beach. On the water side there are picnic tables where we boiled our fresh Crab that we caught and sat looking out over the Puget Sound with a good bottle of wine. So, I guess if you are looking for a status destination, this may not be for you. But, the view and the setting dictates at least some respect for a wonderful place to experience the wonders of Puget sound.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms do not have a door out the back and even though you have to climb a couple flight...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tadmolokaislide
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was a last minute business trip and the Aladdin was the only hotel left in town. The rooms were older, but they did come with a small fridge, microwave and a flat screen t.v. The views were AMAZING. The view out my room allowed me to overlook some of the down falls of this motel. There is no elevator, so if you don't mind carrying your luggage up two or three flights of stairs, ask for a ground floor. Also, the ice machine is located on the second floor. If you are a coffee drinker you will want to being your own cup...see the photo!

I would have liked to have been a little closer to the downtown area, but I really did enjoy the views. The parking dowtown is an issue anyway.

Next time I might try the Woden State Park or possibly the Tides Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room!!! Bring your own coffee cup.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank KathyFromOregon
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place is just OK. The service is very welcoming but the rooms had a smell that I didn't expect to find there. I'm not sure what that smell was. There is no elevator and it was quite heavy to carry all the luggage up to the 3rd floor. location in town is OK. Not in the middle but there is no parking issue in that town so we could use our car all arround.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor. All rooms have ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Orly_F
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were on a weeklong trip without any firm dates or locations on where we would be staying. Needing a pet friendly hotel was challenging at times as many places were pet friendly but didn’t have any pet rooms left.

The Aladdin Hotel proved to be a great find. As the saying goes don’t judge a book by its cover. All rooms are on the water side and on the 2nd floor we had a small balcony right at the beach’s edge.

The king bed was very comfortable and the room had everything we needed.

All within a few blocks was a Safeway, a Co-op and the local brewery. Port Townsend has lots of great places to eat and visit. The weather was great and we got to visit with an old friend we actually stayed a second night.

The staff said that our room was already booked and we might have to move but they were able to rearrange things so we stayed in our original room.

Great staff, great location, reasonable fee and pet friendly makes this a place I’ll go back to.

Room Tip: Pet Friendly
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave L
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We staid there one night during our 3 week trip in August 2011. We had an ocean view room, and our stay was pleasant. We were greatly welcomed, and even if the room was not splendid, it was ok for the price we paid, we slept well.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Palace Hotel Port Townsend
Palace Hotel Port Townsend
#4 of 11 in Port Townsend
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim

Been to Aladdin Motor Inn? Share your experiences!