All reviews the penthouse the cottages main building great location adirondack chairs maritime center small hotel port hudson bottom floor within walking distance nice place to stay in town coffee maker water street whale watching wine glasses stay there again
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room I was to have had was unavailable due to a maintenance issue. There weren't any room options available all four days I'd be in Port Townsend, but they could offer one night in a cottage and three nights in the amazing penthouse suite. And they said they would move my bags from the cottage up the three flights to the penthouse suite, which they did. In addition, the cost of my stay did not increase; they only charged me what I was originally to pay. That is classy! And very good for public relations. Everyone was so kind to me. But then, they're always kind. That's why I stay at The Swan when I'm in Port Townsend. This was not my first stay—nor will it be my last. Thank you, Swan staff, for making my experience so delightful. I hope to see you again soon!

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

I love this hotel because of its location, its simple comforts, and its reasonable price. The rooms aren't huge or fancy but they have everything we need to relax and get a good night's sleep. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2019

Stayed in a "cabin" at the Swan hotel for 3 nights with my wife for a weekend getaway. Great location, very clean, and wonderful friendly staff, couldn't have been happier and highly recommend the property, Tony

Reviewed August 27, 2019

This was the first time staying at this location. Nice, clean rooms. Good service, great location. Quiet and the bed was very comfortable. I slept better than I have in some time. I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Cindy F, Owner at Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

We are so glad that we made a favorable first impression, and we look forward to making many more, in the future. Thank you, for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

After a day in Friday Harbour, we drove south and caught the ferry to Port Townsend for the evening with no reservations. We were so lucky to have found this amazing property! It was spotless and had well supplied. While we could have fit 6-7 more people comfortably in the efficiency apartment, the front and back porches overlooking the harbors and town were spectacular. Being so close to the seashore, we walked to Don's for dinner and their chowder was not to be missed. There was a seagull party on the roof at dawn but that's not really something that the proprietors can really avoid. All in all, a highlight of our trip. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Get the Penthouse!
Cindy F, Owner at Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Thank you, very much, for taking the time to leave a review for us. When you come stay with us in the future, to avoid disturbances from the seagull parties, we have earplugs for our guests at the front desk. These will, hopefully, keep the noise to a level that will not disturb you. We are very glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to future visits!