“The Bishop was Pleasant”

and 1 more site!
Bishop Victorian Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed two nights at The Bishop and everything was very good. We were close to everything and the hotel was clean and quaint. Another couple was travelling with us and they said everything in their room was great too. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank lambo98a

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This quaint hotel is old Victorian style and located in the heart of Port Townsend. Just a block off the main street there is lots of shops, coffee shops, galleries, and more. Also a very short walk to the marina if you love boats.

The room was quite small and old-fashioned but this is the Victorian way. There was a nice little sitting area in our room and a little kitchenette. There was a very simple continental basket style breakfast but a proper breakfast would be more appreciated and more fitting for this style hotel.
The staff were friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Karen L
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The front desk staff were amazingly helpful.
The location couldn't have been more central for restaurants, shopping, galleries, theatre, etc.
Membership privileges at the Port Townsend Athletic Club, a 2-minute walk away, meant that I got access to the best fitness equipment I've ever had while travelling.
The room we stayed in (#18) was large, quiet and well-appointed (it's great having modern plumbing in an historic building!).
The period furniture and decor was well-chosen and functional.
The only caveat I'll add was that access would be an issue for those who can't handle stairs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WandererOnTheRoad
Reviewed July 5, 2013

From the very first time I walked into the lobby and was greeted by name, this place impressed me. Not only are the staff absolutely amazing, but they remember you by name and treat you like a good friend. The room was completely perfect - I felt right at home, comfortable and safe. I had a living area, dining area, separate bedroom and spacious bath with a whirlpool. I really cannot say enough good things about this hotel. To start, they deliver continental breakfast to your room - to order - every morning - and this is included in the price of your room. There was a DVD player in my room with an enormous selection of movies to choose from. The hotel is close to several restaurants and bars and within easy walking distance to shopping, food and the shore. I would, without reservation, recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Port Townsend. You will be impressed!

Room Tip: I only saw my room - Room 26 but I am sure that the other rooms would be just as impressive.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ERIC6666
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Bishop is a 19th century building that has been renovated. The renovation was done with quality fixtures with attention to detail. Everything you will need is provided. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you are stuck on the Hyatt or equivalent you probably won't like the Bishop but if you are up for something different give it a whirl.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank William A
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My mom and I stayed at the Bishop for three nights. It was our first trip to Port Townsend and we found the Bishop to be the perfect spot for us. It was clean, cosy and comfortable and the staff were helpful and friendly. We appreciated the puzzles provided in the main lobby and and had fun spending our evenings there, puzzling and chatting with the staff.

We originally had only planned to stay for two nights but we were enjoying our stay so much that we stayed an extra night. The hotel was able to accomodate us and although the last night was spent on a sofa bed, I have to say it was the most comfortable sofa bed I have ever slept on. I actually slept which has never been the case on any other sofa bed I have slept on.
We hope to return to Port Townsend one day and we will most certainly stay at the Bishop when we do.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank debsterwebster
Reviewed June 16, 2013

No other hotel in Port Townsend captures the feel of the city like the Bishop Victorian. Not only is it friendly, cozy and comfortable (and immaculately clean!), it's got the look and vibe of the old Northwest. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow
Fort Worden
Fort Worden
#2 of 11 in Port Townsend

Been to Bishop Victorian Hotel? Share your experiences!