“Charming Hotel in the Heart of PT”

Bishop Victorian Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently visited Port Townsend for the first time and am so happy I chose to stay at The Bishop Victorian. The hotel was charming and the staff were so pleasant. When we arrived, the front desk showed us places of interest around the waterfront and recommended restaurants, including Hanazono Asian Noodle which was delicious. She also had listings for the local Rose theater. Breakfast is served every morning in a basket outside your door and there was a great DVD selection. The hotel was close to everything and we visited both the waterfront and the uptown part of PT.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I recently did a weekend getaway to Port Townsend, and stayed at the Bishop Victorian. I recently have had to start using a wheelchair, and this was the only vintage hotel in town with first-floor rooms.

And we loved it.

The high ceilings, the vintage looks, the feel, the proximity to shops and the waterfront - it was a great place to stay. We will be going back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've been living here, more or less, for business for the past 2 weeks. And I plan to stay here until May and even though I technically have no checked out yet I felt inclined to write a review of my current stay here. The staff here are incredibly friendly. Due to the small amount of rooms in the hotel most staff know me by name, which is nice because you don't get that feeling too often traveling for business.
The room I got was Suite #24, It was very spacious with a queen size bed, and a basic kitchen (fridge, microwave, sink, toaster). I really enjoy the gas fire place at night! Breakfast delivered to your door every morning (at 7 or 9am).
Now that's just the hotel itself, you can't forget that this is downtown PT within walking distance of everything: restaurants, shops, theater, etc. Spacious parking lot.
Anytime I'm in town for business, The Bishop Victorian is the first place I try book at.

Room Tip: Look online at the options, they have pictures of each suite individually on their website so you ca...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Netless
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay in Port Townsend last minute and knew exactly where we wanted to be - at the Bishop Victorian Hotel. We had been there years before, yet forgot how spacious the rooms are! The check in was extremely friendly and gracious. We stayed in a King Bedroom with full kitchen (Suite 11.) That night we enjoyed strolling the quick walk to downtown. We grabbed some delicious food and wine and headed back to the hotel for a romantic dinner in our comfortable suite.
For someone who wakes up to see the dawn, I loved being able to close the bedroom door to my sleeping mate, sit at the full size dining-room table, sip a cup of delicious supplied coffee and watch the sun rise over the beautiful water view. We were so comfortable in the room, we lost track of time and noticed it was check out time! The front desk was very kind and accommodating. It was like our home away from home (without the children, of course.)

The Bishop is definitely is our place to stay on our treasured visits to PT.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IslandRain
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I just spent 4 nights at the Bishop Victorian. It's a cozy, wonderful place! Comfy king suit with a cute gas fireplace! I loved getting my breakfast delivered to my room each morning! Loved that it is walking distance to many great things in Port Townsend. Nice that you get to use the Athletic Club just one block away. Very quiet and clean! I'll be back!

Room Tip: There is no pool or restaurant at the hotel but you do get to use the Athletic Center one block away...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We made a last-minute decision to stay overnight on what was supposed to be a day trip. With two dogs in tow, I thought we might find ~something~, but wasn't sure what it would be. What an enormously pleasant surprise to end up in Suite 14 of the lovely Bishop Victorian Hotel.

We were checked in and lounging a mere 15 minutes after making an online reservation from the comfort of our table at Waterfront Pizza (don't miss it. Eat upstairs, it's worth the wait if you have time. If you don't have time to linger, get a slice to go, just don't skip it).

The evening front-desk person, Laura (? i think that's right) was friendly and helpful and very welcoming.

Some rooms are set aside as pet-friendly, and we were in Suite 14 at the top of the stairs. The room had everything you could want packed into a comfortable, cozy space. Sofa, flat-screen tv, gas fireplace, dining table and chairs, kitchenette, brass bed, new bathroom, ... the list goes on and on.

But first things first. The bathroom had a shower only, no bath, but this was more than compensated for by the fabulous showerhead, excellent water pressure and endless hot water. Everything was squeaky clean and worked perfectly (not always the case in hotels that sell charm).

The bedroom was tiny, but it was a bonus to have a separate space from the main suite, and tons of pillows and extra blankets if needed. The furniture is all vintage/antique, but again, we don't lose any utility with the addition of charm, everything worked perfectly.

We didn't use the kitchenette for more than making coffee and warming up the continental breakfast (super-fresh scones and croissants, perfect way to start the day), but everything was perfectly clean and worked as it was meant to.

Our location at the top of the stairs was great for dog-walking egress, and the area around the hotel has plenty of grassy areas if you just need to take Fluffy for a quick outing. I took the hounds on a longer stroll in the morning and the area is perfect for it - marina a block away (in either direction), Water Street a block away for window-shopping, beach/boat launch/pier for sniffing and digging. Plenty of grassy patches and trash cans here and there for the necessities.

A few side notes - there is free hotel guest parking in a lot next to the hotel, which while not crucial during winter would certainly be valuable in summer season. There was a looong flight of stairs up to our suite, and not an issue for us, but might be something to be aware of. Lastly, this is an historic building, and lovingly restored, but the walls are still thin. If you're a light sleeper you may want earplugs.

We were here in the winter, so obviously a totally different feel than the height of summer, but had a relaxed, quiet time. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We loved Suite 14 - plenty of windows and a view of the water.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank islaygirltoo
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Again we relied on Trip Advisor reviews before staying for the time at this hotel. Great experience in a grand old (renewed) hotel in a great location. Walking distance to all the downtown shops and many choices of restaurants, all within two or three easy blocks. The staff was great and the morning breakfast choices were good to get you going in the morning. Will return again on our next visit to Port Townsend.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple