The Belmont Inn
Amber Lights B & B(Port Townsend)
$175
$220
$157
Valley View Motel(Port Townsend)
$69
Manresa Castle(Port Townsend)
$105
  • Free Internet
Fort Worden(Port Townsend)
$314
$179
  • Pool
All reviewsnew carpethistoric hotelfun place to stayno elevatorbrickfixtures
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We spent 2 nights here for a wedding. There are only 4 rooms in this hotel above the saloon and restaurant downstairs. There is no TV in the room, but it was spacious and a large comfortable King Size bed. They have wi-fi and it is clean. The building is from the 1800's so don't expect anything modern, although the bathroom had been updated. The rate was very reasonable and we would stay there again. Just a really different style of accommodation, if you are into something different and want to feel like you are living in the 1800's check it out, there is some great history to the place!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trav69
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had called ahead to see if they were "handicap accessible" The man said, they had 6 steps up to the area with the water view, and that they would help get the person up there. I also asked if there were gluten free choices, and he said yes! I have eaten there many times, but we were meeting out of town guests coming over from Whidbey. We entered and were treated like royalty! Sean was our waiter and he went over and above for us. Our guest in the wheelchair was overwhelmed at how she was treated. She was able to climb the 6 steps, with our waiter Sean by her side. She even got a sample of wine so she could choose which one she wanted. Another one of our guests was a little girl who has multiple genetic problems. He spoke with her, made her laugh and it was amazing. Our food was excellent!! The crab and artichoke sandwich is still as good as ever. We were allowed to sit and visit after our meal and were never made to feel rushed!!! Thank you to owner Rick and waiter Sean for the outstanding service!!!! We will be back!!

Room Tip: We did not stay in the hotel, but I will check it out if we need to spend the night in the future!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Julie E
Reviewed August 8, 2012

we arrived without reservations, so had a little wait for a outside table. Nice view of Puget Sound.
The wait staff was scattered and we ended up with the owners wife waiting on us. She was very nice, but you could tell she wasn't a wait person. I had the Salmon with Crab dollup and Shredded Baked potato - EXCELLENT meal. My Wife had the crab stuffed Sole. Again, excellent over a bottle of Riesling and a coffee nudge for dessert. We had a good experience here and highly recommend them for seafood.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is my first review so I am trying to remain objective. Our experience here was not overly good or bad but about right for the price of the room. I will say that it is a shame that a hotel with such excellent character is not living up to its potential. With a few simple and cheap tweaks this hotel would not only satisfy a lot more guests, the owners could charge a little extra for what could be a great experience in a time where chain hotels blanket the industry. We stayed in room #2 on the street side.

A few items I noticed which were detrimental to our experience included hair in the bath tub, flies buzzing around reception foyer for hotel/restaurant, no microwave or fridge (no TV either which I think is a positive) and thin windows allowed a bit of the street noise in as well as the blinds which did not cover the top windows.

Pros:
Great location
Unique rooms with charm
Comfortable bed
Fast and reliable wi-fi
Friendly service

Cons:
Several maintenance issues which could be easily resolved
Old blinds were not really effective and top windows allow light to stream in
No microwave or refrigerator
General cleanliness could be improved

It seems as though the owners have lost pride in this hotel. With a little capital, attention to detail and minor maintenance this place could be transformed into a real gem. I probably would not stay here again until the owners realised that age is only charming when everything is still functional.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I don't usually write reviews, but I felt the need to write one about this place. This has to be the least enjoyable hotel I have stayed in! There were some perks: the location is right downtown, the beds are comfortable, our room was right on the water, the room was spacious and the staff was very friendly. BUT the room was dirty, a dirty sock was under the bed, the sheets & towels smelled like sour laundry, no TV, the bathroom ceiling paint was peeling & falling as you showered, and the separate entrance to the rooms reminded me a little of something out of a horror movie! Definitely would not recommend! Try the Bishop hotel...or the Palace hotel as a second choice.

• Stayed: July 2012